The Bangles Eternal flame....

Go on then I'm all ears.
Was hoping you would say yes :)

So my 1st book "Morrissey's Manchester" was out and me and the publisher went to LA (May 2003) to the annual Smiths / Morrissey convention to flog said book.

We stayed in some hotel (fuck knows where but on some major road going through Hollywood, maybe Melrose....)
And a friend of mine from LA says he will pick us up and take us to the Henry Ford Theatre.
So i get in the back of the car (right hand side) and Stuart (publisher) in the front passenger seat and we exit the motel and are at lights waiting to turn green. Music is loud in the car and I have the passenger window down.
A huge stretch limo (and I mean huge) passes in front of us which we all noted and eventually our lights turn green and we turn right.
As the car straightens up, in front of me slightly forward to the right I see a huge man and at the far side of him, a very diminutve figure.
"It's Prince!"
I said as the pair on front of me turn and say "what?" (as the loudness of the music drowned out my comment)
Arm out of the window pointing, I shout
"It's fuckin' Prince!"
His little head appeared around the large body of his minder and he smiled - and then we had gone!
There were 3 businesses on that corner. A deli, a fortune teller and a candle / incense shop. Stuart went and investigated later in the day and the candle / incense shop owner said he visits once a week.

This is her most recent offering last year with Travis, so she’s 61 in the video. Put on this Earth to make me gawp like a pimply, slack-jawed 14 year old....

Indeed. Incredibly captivating.
View attachment 15815

Part of the Paisley Underground originally before they went mainstream.

Good heavens....here the hell is that from?
That's gonna keep me going for a few more months.
She always ties with Natalie Imbruglia in my answer to " Best looking woman in music " thread though on balance Susannah Hoffs edges it - funny thing is she is so able to convey the music when she sings but when she tried her hand at acting I am afraid Susannah was as wooden as your average garden shed. Her husband of nearly 30 years Jay Roach is no looker but obviously makes her happy. She has had a couple of kids too.
There's hope for us all.
Maybe he's a genuinely warm, funny guy.....but yup, he has done well!

So my 1st book "Morrissey's Manchester" was out and me and the publisher went to LA (May 2003) to the annual Smiths / Morrissey convention to flog said book.

We stayed in some hotel (fuck knows where but on some major road going through Hollywood, maybe Melrose....)
And a friend of mine from LA says he will pick us up and take us to the Henry Ford Theatre.
So i get in the back of the car (right hand side) and Stuart (publisher) in the front passenger seat and we exit the motel and are at lights waiting to turn green. Music is loud in the car and I have the passenger window down.
A huge stretch limo (and I mean huge) passes in front of us which we all noted and eventually our lights turn green and we turn right.
As the car straightens up, in front of me slightly forward tonthe right I see a huge man and at the far side of him, a very diminutve figure.
"It's Prince!"
I said as the pair on front of me turn and say "what?" (as the loudness of the music drowned out my comment)
"It's fuckin' Prince!"
His little head appeared around the large body of his minder and he smiled - and then we had gone!
There were 3 businesses on that corner. A deli, a fortune teller and a candle / incense shop. Stuart went and investigated later in the day and the candle / incense shop owner said he visits once a week.
Haha...now that's a story.

As the car straightens up, in front of me slightly forward tonthe right I see a huge man and at the far side of him, a very diminutve figure.
"It's Prince!"
"It's fuckin' Prince!"
Nice one, cool story.
Did you not go back the week after and hang around in the incense shop?
He was an amazing musician, after watching the documentary on him I'm going to listen to his back catalogue right from the start.

And I've got your other book 'Teenage kicks' which I thought was a great read by the way, the title had me hooked before I opened a page :)

So the big question is, have you met the man himself?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.