The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a hell of a task on our hands just to secure 4th - effectively, that's our 'goal' now.
What a sorry state of affairs we've put ourselves in.

United have some tricky games ahead, as do West Ham (plus they've to play each other). The fact that they play each other means at least one of them will get points from that game, so it's not much comfort, even if they draw.
We still have Arsenal and Chelsea to play, which I think we'll be lucky to get three points from, then there's the matter of Southampton, Stoke who could easily give us a test, and then there's the 'didn't see that coming' type pitfalls against Newcastle, Swansea and West Brom.

I think we're in the last chance saloon for 4th place now, with West Ham and United improving, and us rapidly deteriorating.

It is probably a genuine 33% chance each between us, West Ham and United. Those aren't favourable odds for any of the three clubs.

There's one man giving me a glimmer of hope and that's De Bruyne. He should drag us over the line with the chances he creates. He even makes Bony look half decent when he plays.

Yeah, but then there's Pellegrini, Bony, Caballero, and Demichelis...

Fuck knows how this team is going get top 4 against teams better structured and motivated.

There is another n*****r in the woodpile - the international break and our penchant for picking up injuries to key players.

I just wish the hierarchy would do something and insist our clueless manager do something positive (whatever that may be given poster's thoughts about him)

There is another n*****r in the woodpile - the international break and our penchant for picking up injuries to key players.

not a problem this time, all our key internationals are already injured.........................

No hart, or kompany. Yaya and silva don't look fit. Only one striker. A clueless twat of a manager who's luck has run out. Arsenal, Chelsea and Stoke to play, along with some tricky games against teams scrapping against relegation. It ain't looking good is it?

It's a challenge for this squad to motivate itself for something as prosaic as a top 4 battle quite clearly. The level of commitment they showed yesterday both individually and collectively suggests that most of them couldn't care less about what happens between now and May. It's a headache of seismic proportions for the powers that be.

Personally, if I were a neutral i'd probably still bet on City to clinch that 4th spot on the basis of the so called quality of our players. Having watched City the last month I'm no longer convinced that it's nailed on to be ours. We will have to work for it. something I'm not sure that the collective have in them at present.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 10h10 hours ago
Pellegrini: "It is not the best way to finish the season – but, I repeat, I am happy with the attitude."

says it all really in terms of where pellegrini stands knowing he is out the door in the summer. The announcement of Pep looking back, is that the catalyst ? or would we still be in this position we are in now

I personally think we could have still found us in this position due to glaring issues our manager has.

We have eight games left, our previous eight games have resulted in 2 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Does any sane person expect an improvement?

We have away games against Bournemouth, Chelsea, Newcastle, Southampton and Swansea - not many points there I fear.

Home games are West Brom, Stoke and Arsenal - maybe 4 points if we are lucky.

I will predict another 8 points maximum - no chance of fourth place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.