The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are right because I like Pellegrini and want to think fondly of his successes.

But his recent team selections have been so baffling it is hard to see him having really had some matches fully in his focus because of the Champions League.

If that really was an instruction from up top then they are idiots as rule one is you do not mortgage next season on the back of this one.

That is how you plan your way into obscurity.

Will not happen to City, fortunately. But these men are supposed to be business whizzes. Surely they had to know they needed to protect being in the CL next season irrespective.

If we are not in it all the momentum gained this year evaporates and we are starting over in 2017 - 18.

And it more or less forces us to go for the Europa league next season as it will be double failure if we crash out early given that we are bound to be favourite. Given that the past winner cannot be as they are not in it next season but go to the CL.

I don't think that Pellegrini has prioritised the CL for selfish reasons.

I suspect he realised in mid season that he had lost his authority with the players and wouldn't be able to get the best out of them week in week out. But hoped he might be able to get them up for a few CL games.

What could they do about Pellegrini setting the priorities at the business end of the season? Once it was clear that he was going to be allowed to continue until the summer regardless of results then really how can they then expect to dictate to him where the priorities lie? Short of fucking him off with a handful of matches remaining, I don't see how they had any remaining leverage to make him bow to their demands. They are culpable in my view for not taking action many months ago when it was pretty clear to anyone with eyes in their fucking heads that we were seriously struggling to get away with the "muddle through with Pellegrini till Pep arrives" plan. We had a huge warning towards the end of last season and got away with it with a late run, I cannot imagine why when the same pattern of shit performances and results started again this season (after the briefly good start) that they didn't take action.

You are assuming that there is some sort of conflict between Pellegrini / Begiristain / Soriano. I just don't see that. I imagine they set the priorities together, Khaldoon went along with it and then Pellegrini put the teams out.

We don't deserve 4th after our appalling league campaign,MP deserved all he got after the game yesterday, he was lucky anyone was left.
Thanks to this fool he has cost us a CL place and set us back 2 seasons. He should have been fired at Christmas, poor decision making taken by the hierarchy this term.

United need to win both. West Ham aren't just going to roll over in the last game ever at Boelyn and if the Hammers do take all 3 points then all we need at Swansea is a draw.

I know it is inconceivable that we are actually in this position but let us wait until tomorrow's result before we really begin to worry. If West Ham take care of business I will feel confident heading into matchday 38.

With all the build up to the west ham v rags game , it is looking more like a celebration of the 100 odd years at Upton Park , because when west ham lost to swansea their champs league hopes disappeared , also even if they lose their last two games , west ham will qualify for the europa , so we have a team and supporters with nothing to play for and full of nostalgia against a team that grinds out 1-0 wins and are desperate to put one over their closest rivals , so its not looking good . Although i wouldnt be surprised if Bournemouth piss on their parade on Sunday , the Rags will be under massive pressure , and they have bottled a few recent premier league occasions , if Bournemouth snatch a point , it would be comedy gold

With all the build up to the west ham v rags game , it is looking more like a celebration of the 100 odd years at Upton Park , because when west ham lost to swansea their champs league hopes disappeared , also even if they lose their last two games , west ham will qualify for the europa , so we have a team and supporters with nothing to play for and full of nostalgia against a team that grinds out 1-0 wins and are desperate to put one over their closest rivals , so its not looking good . Although i wouldnt be surprised if Bournemouth piss on their parade on Sunday , the Rags will be under massive pressure , and they have bottled a few recent premier league occasions , if Bournemouth snatch a point , it would be comedy gold

But you forget the Hammers hate the Rags

United need to win both. West Ham aren't just going to roll over in the last game ever at Boelyn and if the Hammers do take all 3 points then all we need at Swansea is a draw.

I know it is inconceivable that we are actually in this position but let us wait until tomorrow's result before we really begin to worry. If West Ham take care of business I will feel confident heading into matchday 38.

your bang on correct, no way will west ham lie down and take it, the crowd will be buzzing and the players will most certainly be up for it, west ham hate manure as much as we all do, i predict 2-0 to west ham but i would snatch the draw today, if its the later then we have to man up and do the business at Swansea, id be happy going there needing a win from our position today

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.