The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next set of fixtures:

West Ham vs Arsenal
Man City vs West Brom
Spurs vs Man Utd

That set of fixtures alone should give us some breathing room and drag team/s ahead of us back into it.

It goes without saying that Pullis will have West Brom's backs firmly to the wall and defying us to get through a crowded defence - something we have not been good at this season.

Why do people bother trying to scientifically work this out. Our own form is that irrational that we could win all our games or win none.

Likewise Arsenal might look dead certs to win certain games but some sides will be fighting to avoid being sucked in to the drop.

In fact, the best teams to play late season are your mid table types, so away to Chelsea, Swansea, WBA, Stoke and Southampton could be easy. Who knows Newcastle might be the real tough game.

No point in getting stressed. Whether United finish above us or not, they're still a club in crisis.

Tottenham are more catchable than Arsenal as they have played a game more and a worse run in than us.

United, West Brom and Southampton at home - Stoke and Chelsea away before ending at Newcastle.

So I agree it is a win/win next week whatever the result between Spurs and United.

I look at that list and I can still see them winning 4 of them and finishing on at least 74 points.

We can only get 75 if we win every game. I still think a spurs win is best for us next week. We really need the rags to start slipping up because Arsenal also have 5 very winnable games. I can see them taking a lot of points from their last 7 games.

Don't care what's happening above us now. We really need the rags to start slipping up because I can see them twats pipping us to fourth. If that happens then pellegrini should be shot.

We basically must win the next two because when we are away to Chelsea United are at home to Villa who will likely go down on the day they lose that one.

Six points and we could be 3 or 4 points ahead of United going into the run in and lose it and we could be behind them and needing to win the rest and hope for some help.

The next two weeks are the biggest in the season. A lot will depend on the next two league games and they have the huge distraction of the CL inevitably taking some focus from the league.

Not looking good but gives Pep a very low starting point. If we miss out on top four it will feel like it did when Mancini took charge he has to instill the consistent winning mentality all over again. I fear Pep is going to spend three years just getting the team rebuilt and challenging again. Incredible the regression and I guess not what Pep or the board expected.

Atleast there is the Euros this season to shift the focus if we fuck up

Think the rags will get fourth.

Terrible team but fluking results (like today & against us).

What an awful season it's been to be just a point in front of that desperate bunch of tossers.

And they have a piss easy run in. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.