The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing people saying we won't finish 4th; I can understand that point of view. In fact I'm very closing to agreeing with it.

What I can't understand is anybody suggesting it is gone when it is where we are in the league and in our hands. Surely confidence in our ability can't have dropped THAT much.

I'm gonna hold on making a definite prediction on this until we've played Bournemouth. I'm really hoping the defeat to United has finally provided the kick up the arse needed and it will force something to go on behind the scenes; be it either just a step up in determination from the players or something to change on the training ground.

I'd like to say that the return of KDB, Nasri and Delph will see us just over the line, but, given our injury rate this season, their returns are likely to be cancelled out by others getting injured instead.

Yaya was withdrawn from a key international game and I would suggest it was more than cautionary.

As many have said for a long time now you cannot play him in a 2 man midfield and while his recovery rate from injury is much better than others in our squad MP's stubborn nature to revert this this time and again which was partly the reason we didn't get a 0-0 against Manure and stay four points clear of them instead of one and seriously damage our dwindling prospects of finishing 4th as the top three spots are gone now for us YAYA in a three man midfield even a four man midfield represents our best chance against Bournemouth.

He may not be available now.

You can't help feeling that MP while not deliberately perhaps is ensuring we make it as hard as possible to finish in the top four including setting us up that put maximum pressure on the likes of VK and Yaya to do more than they need to in games hence the increased likelihood of injury and injuries reoccurring.

I strongly suspect that many of the so called power gang within the squad when they write their stories after there careers are over will be more scathing of MP than they will be of RM for different reasons.

Still holding out hope that we get our arse in gear and grind out top 3/4...it's the same kind of hope I've had since November

Still 1 point in it. Next up for the Rags is Spurs so atleast someone's losing points. We can't afford to drop anything

Looking at the remaining fixtures of us and the Rags I am not filled with confidence.

Looking at Arsenal's fixtures they will have to mess up somewhere badly to not stay in the top 3. With their last games including Villa, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace and West Brom (4 of those at home). Just us away and west ham next week.

United do still have to play Tottenham and Leicester and West Ham and United have to play each other too.

We win six of our remaining seven and it should be enough.

We might get away with five.

Hard but doable.

Having watched that Utd v Everton game we should not be worried. They don't look interested.

Going to the last week seems likely with us at Swansea whilst Arsenal are at home to a long gone Villa and United to Bournemouth. West Ham are at Stoke final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.