The beginning of a change for the worst at City

*singingtheblues* said:
glen quagmire said:
I'll answer your question, i am 36 (turned 36 yesterday) lad about to leave school and a daughter at 13. Came from a council estate, left school no quals, took a shit job, worked way up, now doing ok for myself within a company who turned over £650million last year. Had an absolute shiteload of personal tragedy in my life, have you ever watched a six year old child die of cancer, then her dad (your brother) turn to you and look for help? Or what about watch your best mate in the world swing on a home made noose, because of a bird, the day before my old man's funeral, who died of lung/throat cancer at 50? Life can be fucking shite, so i'll take the good things ta, while they are going, while giving my family the best i can, while i can. If i pay over the odds for making myself happy (fuck watching us i can't believe i typed that) then so be it. I'm sorry for those who can't make the increase i really am, or those who despise me because of it.

No need to justify yourself mate. The problem is not everyone will be able to afford the increases, and I may be one of them, depending on any potential increases. If we're shouted down for giving our opinion, then we have no voice, and what chance do we stand of being heard?

You may be happy to pay over the odds, but some of us simply wouldn't be able to afford it, and I don't see why that should become such an issue when we raise this with other blues.

Like I said, where's the collective? There simply isn't, people are only concerned about themselves. Hence my reference to the German league where they're big on their rights and have a collective spirit, we're the exact opposite here and as a result we're shat on from a great height by the clubs we love on a weekly basis.

We all want the best for City, it's worth remembering that when you're labelling other blues X Y Z (and that goes for everyone, myself included).

I will never label any blue mate. I feel like shite, when i see the day trippers and hear of reduced tickets due to corporate. I hate what we have become, but i love the blues, more than i hate the need for expansion and prosperity, so will just go along with it. For what it's worth, i have missed 3 home games this season (2 cup games) and gave my tickets to blues for FREE. In an ideal world everyone would get value for money, unfortunately this is not to be. I hope you are successfull next season mate.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
What's up!

Have we nothing to complain about on the pitch, so we are now getting hysterical about supposed price rises!

Fuck me, City fans having a moan, like last night when the bloke behind me was having kittens about a few misplaced passes 5 minutes before the end of the game and we were 3 goals to the good.

Can't we wait until the prices for next season have been announced before we start getting our knickers in a twist?

Jeez, the club are doing their best, what with value seasoncards and cup prices that are not exactly extortionate.

It's a debate about the future, it is what this forum is supposedly all about. It is not moaning, it is a concern for the future.

I wish some fans would quit with the whole "city are angels, they are doing everything right, we have never had it so good" shite whenever someone brings something up. We aren't moaning for the sake of it because everything on the pitch is good, alot of stuff off the pitch needs improving, just because the team is doing well doesn't mean we shouldn't voice concerns about stuff off the pitch that affects us all.

WNRH said:
What's up!

Have we nothing to complain about on the pitch, so we are now getting hysterical about supposed price rises!

Fuck me, City fans having a moan, like last night when the bloke behind me was having kittens about a few misplaced passes 5 minutes before the end of the game and we were 3 goals to the good.

Can't we wait until the prices for next season have been announced before we start getting our knickers in a twist?

Jeez, the club are doing their best, what with value seasoncards and cup prices that are not exactly extortionate.

It's a debate about the future, it is what this forum is supposedly all about. It is not moaning, it is a concern for the future.

I wish some fans would quit with the whole "city are angels, they are doing everything right, we have never had it so good" shite whenever someone brings something up. We aren't moaning for the sake of it because everything on the pitch is good, alot of stuff off the pitch needs improving, just because the team is doing well doesn't mean we shouldn't voice concerns about stuff off the pitch that affects us all.

That's fair enough, but before we start getting all hissy about what's going to happen about ticket prices, can't we let the club tell us about their intentions before we start getting upset about it.

That's all I'm saying.

WNRH said:

That's fair enough, but before we start getting all hissy about what's going to happen about ticket prices, can't we let the club tell us about their intentions before we start getting upset about it.

That's all I'm saying.

That's a fair point but it's not like they can change the prices when they come out is it? Surely it is better to gauge fans opinions before the release them? All signs anyway point to a price increase.

glen quagmire said:
*singingtheblues* said:
No need to justify yourself mate. The problem is not everyone will be able to afford the increases, and I may be one of them, depending on any potential increases. If we're shouted down for giving our opinion, then we have no voice, and what chance do we stand of being heard?

You may be happy to pay over the odds, but some of us simply wouldn't be able to afford it, and I don't see why that should become such an issue when we raise this with other blues.

Like I said, where's the collective? There simply isn't, people are only concerned about themselves. Hence my reference to the German league where they're big on their rights and have a collective spirit, we're the exact opposite here and as a result we're shat on from a great height by the clubs we love on a weekly basis.

We all want the best for City, it's worth remembering that when you're labelling other blues X Y Z (and that goes for everyone, myself included).

I will never label any blue mate. I feel like shite, when i see the day trippers and hear of reduced tickets due to corporate. I hate what we have become, but i love the blues, more than i hate the need for expansion and prosperity, so will just go along with it. For what it's worth, i have missed 3 home games this season (2 cup games) and gave my tickets to blues for FREE. In an ideal world everyone would get value for money, unfortunately this is not to be. I hope you are successfull next season mate.

If you knew other blues were being priced out you'd just accept it and "go along with it" - really?

What sort of an attitude is that?

I couldn't sit back and watch while people are priced out, regardless of whether it affected me or not. Again, people are too concerned with themselves and couldn't give a toss how any potential changes affect anyone else.

Maybe I'm in the minority (I hope to fuck I'm not), but that wouldn't sit easy with me, and I'd do all I could in my power to prevent it.

But then again, maybe I'm unique in my ability to emphasise with other human beings. How depressing.

*singingtheblues* said:
glen quagmire said:

If you knew other blues were being priced out you'd just accept it and "go along with it" - really?

I couldn't sit back and watch while people are priced out, regardless of whether it affected me or not. Again, people are too concerned with themselves and couldn't give a toss how any potential changes affect anyone else.

Maybe I'm in the minority (I hope to fuck I'm not), but that wouldn't sit easy with me, and I'd do all I could in my power to prevent it.

But then again, maybe I'm unique in my ability to emphasise with other human beings. How depressing.

Like what? Protest? That would really help the cause wouldn't it. Not renew your ST? Someone will be glad to have it off you i'm sure. Boycott official merchandise? That'll help our cause, regarding FFP won't it?

Could anyone imagine, the sheikh watching the news, with a load of ungratefull numptys with placards and homemade banners, protesting at COMS? Fuck sake what more do people want????? Top players-check, great stadium/facilities-check, below average ST prices-check, fantastic future ahead-check. Double loyalty points, kids for a fiver, i could type all morning but i can't be arsed.

I know, let's get pearce, horton, et al back, then we can charge a tenner on the door!

glen quagmire said:
*singingtheblues* said:

Like what? Protest? That would really help the cause wouldn't it. Not renew your ST? Someone will be glad to have it off you i'm sure. Boycott official merchandise? That'll help our cause, regarding FFP won't it?

Could anyone imagine, the sheikh watching the news, with a load of ungratefull numptys with placards and homemade banners, protesting at COMS? Fuck sake what more do people want????? Top players-check, great stadium/facilities-check, below average ST prices-check, fantastic future ahead-check. Double loyalty points, kids for a fiver, i could type all morning but i can't be arsed.

I know, let's get pearce, horton, et al back, then we can charge a tenner on the door!

You are so far out of touch with reality it is insane. Also i thought you had gone to bed?

WNRH said:
glen quagmire said:

You are so far out of touch with reality it is insane. Also i thought you had gone to bed?

Off now.

The problem is we're all revelling in the wonderful signings weve made but bottom line is our income probably doesnt even come close to our outgoings. The club seems to be doing their best to help reduce the price of seasoncards and cup games in the hope of enticing the regulars to keep coming.....but it hasnt worked out, there are still thousands of empty seats at certain games, its no wonder they're trying the corporate route. You cant keep blaming the "no money left at the end of the month" arguement (although they are many that literally cant afford it ) all the time beacuse the swamp dwellers are in the same region and still manage to nearly sell out every game. I reckon too many fans have gotten used to watching games in pubs and comfort of the own home due to so many false dawns on the pitch. It will take time to get those attitudes changed but by then the percentage given to the corporate sector will be greater and the average fan may be priced out due to demand.

Then again this maybe a load of crap.

glen quagmire said:
*singingtheblues* said:

Could anyone imagine, the sheikh watching the news, when a load of ungratefull numptys with placards and homemade banners, protesting at COMS? Fuck sake what more do people want????? Top players-check, great stadium/facilities-check, below average ST prices-check, fantastic future ahead-check. Double loyalty points, kids for a fiver, i could type all morning but i can't be arsed.

Have to admire your style, you're a maverick, a breath of fresh air.

Help yourself to a gold star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.