The best albums of 2010, in your opinion.

Jay Division said:
Exit Calm
The National - High Violet
The XX
Delphic - Acolyte

Only stand outs for this year, Foals deserve a mention as well. Nothing has stood out and grabbed me since Arctic Monkeys debut to be honest.

One band that'll be huge in 2011 is the Vaccines. Great sound. Released their first single Wreckin' Bar this year. Can't wait for the album. Also, Manchester lad Danny Mahon set to release his debut album sometimes in 2011. I urge anyone to keep an eye open for him.
I'll add Delphic to my list. I forgot about that.

Jay Division said:
One band that'll be huge in 2011 is the Vaccines. Great sound. Released their first single Wreckin' Bar this year. Can't wait for the album. Also, Manchester lad Danny Mahon set to release his debut album sometimes in 2011. I urge anyone to keep an eye open for him.

Another one that is going to blow up I think is The Joy Formidable. Debut album comes out end of January. Keep an eye out for them, I think they are going to be huge.

MCFC BOB said:
carlos tevez is a blue said:
For the catalyst alone it is up their.The scripts new stuff is pretty good.Have you heard Hurricane by 30 seconds to mars ft Kanye West?
The Catalyst was the worst one on the album for me. The Blackout was good, though.

I'm not a massive fan of The Script. Their first album was pretty good. It was just a bit basic and a desperate attempt to be as radio-friendly as possible. I felt that it stifled their actual talent. I've not listened to much of their new stuff, but I've heard the song (I think it's called) "Nothing", and that was alright.

Yes, I have heard that song. It doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. 30 Seconds to Mars and Paramore seem to be following the same path - decent success with their first albums, and then they team up with popular artists out of their genre to get famous. I don't like it when that happens, and it really shows the band up.

I think we just have different tastes in music. I used to listen to Paramore, 3OH!3, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metro Station and All Time Low. I used to be some sort of emo-style kid who was against the mainstream world. But one day I looked at my iTunes and thought: "What the hell?! This is crap!" and over 2010, my musical taste has gone through a massive rework, and I'm proud of myself. It might sound big headed to you and everyone who reads this, but I believe I have the best taste in music on this forum. That's because I love the bands I listen to, and no matter what anyone says, I'll stick to that. I have an "ecclectic musical taste", as described by the forum's own user - Aphex.

I still hate the majority of mainstream music; Jason Derulo, Cheryl Cole, Eminem, B.O.B etc. but I like some of it too; Gorillaz, The xx, Crystal Castles etc. But I'm glad I like what I do now.

No offence mate, but if you have had to rework your musical taste in a year then you really dont have anywhere near the best taste in music on this forum. Just because you listen to what IMO is a lot of shyte it doesnt mean you have an eclectic music taste. There is some serious chunder in your list. You sound pretty young and like you are just finding out what you like, hence why you chop and change so much in such a short space of time. Its good that you have realised that what was in your itunes only a short time ago was atrocious manufactured emo shyte created by the people you are "against."

Keep exploring but there is no way you have the best taste in music on this forum. There are plenty I could name ahead of you that actually know what they are talking about. Thats not meant as a put down, but a slice of reality. All musical taste is down to personal opinion so its good you have a high opinion of what you like but you are still learning.

Eminem - Recovery
B.O.B - The Adventures of Bobby Ray
Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday

I dont just listen to Hip-Hop but this year i'v found it really hard to listen to a full indie/dance ect album all the way through.

I no it came out in 2009 but i LOVE The big pinks album called "A History Of Love"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.