The best albums of 2010, in your opinion.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Apart from Arcade Fire and The Drums, 2010 has been a shocker for music.

You've not been looking in the right place for music. There's been lots of good stuff released.

I'd definitely second High Violet by the National.

Recovery is a brilliant return to form from Eminem. I'd have a bit more time for the opinions of others if they listened to it before dismissing it. Some of the tracks are outstanding - Cinderella Man is not that far away from Til I Collapse in terms of his flow.

Ntini77 said:
The majority of modern music sucks.

Everything else seems to have progressed apart from music for some reason.
Really? You may think it is dead, but that is not true. You don't have to listen to all of these, but I'd like you to, as it took a long time to sort everything out for this post.

There is even music out there that I don't know about that is still brilliant. It is just that manufactured music has become absolutely rubbish now, and that's all people see. The youths' general ignorance to music that isn't on the radio has slowly forced the guitar out of fashion, and whisked in the fit blonde who can't sing. But there are bands out there, Ntini 77, that will give you hope for the future of music! I may not convince you, but somewhere down the line, someone will!
ENJOY!

"Snowflake" by Malachai.
"Celestica" by Crystal Castles.
"I Can Talk" by Two Door Cinema Club.
"Lovely Allen" by Holy Fuck.
"Surf Solar" by Fuck Buttons.
"We Are Water" by HEALTH.
"Tongue-in-Chic" by Rolo Tomassi.
"Pink Sabbath" by Dananananaykroyd.
"Islands" by The xx.
"Hope In the Air" by Laura Marling. (Volume needs to go up for this).
"Snow Brigade" by Mew.
"Animals" by Baths.
"On Melancholy Hill" by Gorillaz.
"Falling Over" by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.
"A Boy Like Me" by Patrick Wolf.
"Panic Switch" by Silversun Pickups.
"Cassius" by Foals.
"White Sky" by Vampire Weekend.
"Heads Will Roll" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
"You Will Leave A Mark" by A Silent Film.

MCFC BOB said:
Ntini77 said:
The majority of modern music sucks.

Everything else seems to have progressed apart from music for some reason.
Really? You may think it is dead, but that is not true. You don't have to listen to all of these, but I'd like you to, as it took a long time to sort everything out for this post.

There is even music out there that I don't know about that is still brilliant. It is just that manufactured music has become absolutely rubbish now, and that's all people see. The youths' general ignorance to music that isn't on the radio has slowly forced the guitar out of fashion, and whisked in the fit blonde who can't sing. But there are bands out there, Ntini 77, that will give you hope for the future of music! I may not convince you, but somewhere down the line, someone will!
ENJOY!

"Snowflake" by Malachai.
"Islands" by The xx.
"Snow Brigade" by Mew.
"Animals" by Baths.
"Cassius" by Foals.

Nice one Bob, I appreciate the effort. Can't promise I'll like any of it though!

Won't be able to listen right now, but I'll post later to tell you what I think. :)

Ntini77 said:
MCFC BOB said:

ENJOY!

"Snowflake" by Malachai.
"Islands" by The xx.
"Snow Brigade" by Mew.
"Animals" by Baths.
"Cassius" by Foals.

Nice one Bob, I appreciate the effort. Can't promise I'll like any of it though!

Won't be able to listen right now, but I'll post later to tell you what I think. :)
PM me when you do - more chance of me seeing it.

Oh brilliant.

People post opinion, greeted with such responses as

Anyway, i don't think 2010 was a great year for music... i don't think there's much 'great' music out. Everyone seems to be trying to be so individual they've forgotten that there's only 7 keys. That some chord progressions work whilst others don't.

Kanye's album was half decent. I don't really keep up with 'new' music, it seems like the internet has caused listerns to get bored too quick and want too much new material in too short a space of time.

GStar said:
Oh brilliant.

People post opinion, greeted with such responses as

Anyway, i don't think 2010 was a great year for music... i don't think there's much 'great' music out. Everyone seems to be trying to be so individual they've forgotten that there's only 7 keys. That some chord progressions work whilst others don't.

Kanye's album was half decent. I don't really keep up with 'new' music, it seems like the internet has caused listerns to get bored too quick and want too much new material in too short a space of time.
It wasn't a serious comment, GStar. He can say what he likes.

My post was maybe missing a wink face. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.