The Best Centre Halves in the World.

Feed-The-Goat said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
One man, knows the Premiership inside out, and if he come i believe we would have a better chance of winning things, that man is John Terry.

this

carvalho isnt far behind him for me

Carvalho is better than Terry imo

Terry is an a•••hole. It's bad enough having the likes of Bellamy (who disturbingly I have learned to love) and Adebayor but I draw the line at him. And any manure rejects. But one thing is for sure, Toure isn't the answer and we need someone who can defend crosses. Gallas is alright if we can get him or Puyol (I think, the Barcelona bloke)

bluemoon32 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
this

carvalho isnt far behind him for me

Carvalho is the best in the world for me.
Can't really think of any others.. people rave about Chiellini but I haven't seen much of him. Sometimes I think Puyol is top drawer, sometimes I think he looks a bit dodgy..

bluemoon32 said:

he's a better footballer, but not a better defender imo. but saying that he went through a bad time recently and might be tempted by a move.
(plus, if he thought they might have another year potless, he might well be lure-able, but given the way they've started there'd have to be a huge drop off in chelsea form by xmas to make him think that, i suppose)

and who would you prefer him alongside, or would he be back up? cos obviously teams need to try and keep a settled back four as much as poss and any chopping and changing/rotating might not appeal too much either.

if you were hughes, who would you tell him he'd be playing alongside? and if it's toure, does that mean lescott goes to left back just to play, or on the bench?

choices choices choices. everybody wants them but not the tough ones, thanks.

melman said:
bluemoon32 said:

he's a better footballer, but not a better defender imo. but saying that he went through a bad time recently and might be tempted by a move.
(plus, if he thought they might have another year potless, he might well be lure-able, but given the way they've started there'd have to be a huge drop off in chelsea form by xmas to make him think that, i suppose)

and who would you prefer him alongside, or would he be back up? cos obviously teams need to try and keep a settled back four as much as poss and any chopping and changing/rotating might not appeal too much either.

if you were hughes, who would you tell him he'd be playing alongside? and if it's toure, does that mean lescott goes to left back just to play, or on the bench?

choices choices choices. everybody wants them but not the tough ones, thanks.

Carvalho is a great player but we probably need a more dominant centre half, Lescott and Toure are fine players but dominant they aint, Toure especially can struggle in the air, saying that, i'm more than happy that both are at our club but i'm not sure they will be a particulary good partnership.

Benedickt Howedes
Christian Zapata
Neven Subotic
Simon Kjaer

The above are all young centre halves who look like they have what it takes to be top class centre halves over the next few years. These are the sort of players we should be looking rather than spending £40m on a 29 year old.

It's a very difficult question to answer because the likes of Terry, Puyol etc aren't put under the same amount of pressure as potentially equally good players at weaker clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.