THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD!!

I keep thinking about that song, and how it was always just ironic (in terms of the playing side anyway) and how it is so, so true now.

I mean, regardless of remaining results this season, we ARE the best team in the World now. Every other club knows that if they finish above us, they've probably won the competition. WE are the team to beat. No other English team has been in this position since Liverpool in the early 80s.

We also know that the opposition is devious and underhand and will do anything to try and stop us. But we will just keep on going and keep winning. Fuck them all.

It's so, so magnificent that we've sung that song for years, so singing it now isnt even being arrogant, it's just one of our songs. And it suits us 100%.
I remember singing the song regularly on the Kippax and we were the best in the world, to us blues we were. But we could never ever think or even dream we would become the best team in all the land and all the world. We were almost bankrupt in our darkest days and now look where we are.

You new blues don't know how lucky you are, you really don't: )

Last edited:
@Manchester_City_Blue if you don't mind I'd like to send you the biggest virtual hug on the planet.

I've been supporting (not always able to go to the games but supporting nonetheless) City since 1955 and I've been through the good and the bad and I Love this club and I appreciate every word you've typed there. THANK YOU.

@jordblue... Ban her ;-) they'll never find me ..... :-)
Crikey @Eccles Blue, 1955 is when I started. I reckon we must be at least 150 between us. I’m still going but unfortunately my body isnt. How’s yours? I know you had some probs recently.

Crikey @Eccles Blue, 1955 is when I started. I reckon we must be at least 150 between us. I’m still going but unfortunately my body isnt. How’s yours? I know you had some probs recently.
Hi @KS55 I hit 82 yrs young last Friday! So I reckon you may be correct. :-)

My body is slowly but surely recovering. I was intending to go on Sunday but my daughter put on a birthday meal with grandchildren and great-grandchildren and I am afraid they took first place!

I hope you get better soon. We will always be CTID though whether at home or at the game. :-) All the best.

I'm probably going to get slated/banned/kicked out of Blue Moon for ever and a day but....

Please can we have a thread that just PRAISES our TEAM and our CLUB.
The Specsavers needing media do enough negativity let's just be HAPPY!!

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD
THE BEST CLUB IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD
THE BEST FORUM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Sorry Mods, do your worst. I'm fed up of feeling that MANCHESTER CITY are somehow not worthy. WE ARE WORTHY we are MANCHESTER CITY.

Ok I shall go back to my housework now. :-) :-) :-) ;-)

Blimey! (another 1955 word) I was taken to my first City match in 1955! Did we ever imagine anything like this in 1955?1 I always like to point out that we've had some very good times as City fans since and my dad remembered the 1930s as "good old days" but of course we collided with the 1980s and 90s. I remember fearing there was a real danger of going into administration until that glorious morning in 2008 as I shouted up the stairs to my sons, "Oi, come and look at this!" as news filtered through about the takeover. And they've been golden days ever since. Things were good but never as good as since Pep arrived, and at the moment they're getting better and better!

Pep said last night “Enzo [Maresca] helped us to win the treble, Mikel [Arteta] in my staff, all the players from day one. Vincent [Kompany] to Kyle [Walker] as captains, all the players helped us to achieve something incredible to be here and to play this tournament. Now it’s Christmas time, buy another book and start to write it again. The last eight years, it’s over.” That is the spirit at City. I remember when we had just won the title in 2018 with 100 points and Pep had everyone at the club to celebrate a job well done - City, a real club compared to the American corporate subsidiaries we sometimes have to play. This club and everyone at it has certainly made this FOC a very happy FOC and I hope you two too. Anyway Eccles Blue, KS55 and Blues everywhere (in all the world) enjoy the success and have a very Merry Christmas and a very healthy and happy New Year.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.