The best youngsters we have (Sabotage Times article now up)

Re: The five best youngster we have

Damocles said:
Lucky Toma said:
I had the last three in my list. Wasnt sure on Bunn (not because I dont rate him, I simply dont know enough about him...can anyone clue me in?)
Boyata might be too old for the list. or at least too established in the squad already.

Cheers CR.

Bunn's part of the top strike partnership in our EDS!

He was part of the group this year that played for both the Under-18s and the EDS (along with Roman) and have just been promoted full time to the EDS for next season. He's scored about 20 goals for each last season and won plaudits left, right and centre. He's just won our Scholar of the Year Award too. 18 years old, son of a former City coach, and looking very promising. He's come through our ranks properly, started at a very young age.

His game is pretty much the "traditional English striker's" game, he's strong, quick, works very hard on the pitch and doesn't mind getting stuck in. He isn't a poacher, more of a complete player. He's pretty small and stocky and has been compared to Shearer in his game; it's just ALL about goals every time he gets the ball he's directly looking to score. None of the fancy stepover stuff, just get the ball and bang it in the net.

He's basically playing in the year above his age group, and he still put 20 goals away against top reserve sides. He has a very promising future this lad, and one who I'm particularly interested in seeing come through as his style is different to anybody in the first team or EDS squads. Few years before he can start thinking of first team, but he's a bright one alright.

Cheers Damocles. If I was getting paid for this I'd bung you a few quid for that. As it is I'll get you a pint if ever we meet.

And Impeccable you got it all wrong mate haha I'm seeing this as a collective effort to put a few misconceptions about us to rest. Reckon you will all like my introduction. I'll put up a link when it comes out.

In all seriousness though i really didnt want to miss anyone out. I know the names....and I know the basics....but I dont attend any EDS games so I'm just going off reputations.

No worries mate, I always keep an eye on the young squads and the like, if I can help describe anyone else, let me know :)

foley87 said:

Forgot all about him. Devante Cole is looking like he's one of the best players of his age group (reportedly, haven't seen him much for City to be honest). Looked great for England too. As he's Andy Cole's son, might be the type of thing that you could put in your article to make it interesting mate.

Big, powerful, but a bit lanky. I once said that he runs like he has six legs, a bit like Wanchope or Yaya does but he's at that age where growth spurts happen and he could just be ahead of the curve. He seems to work the channels a lot but generally his first touch is good and he's pretty clinical.

He's only 15 or 16 but he's just agreed to sign for us professionally at 17 so he's one to watch out for in the coming season in our U18s.

Damocles said:
foley87 said:

Forgot all about him. Devante Cole is looking like he's one of the best players of his age group (reportedly, haven't seen him much for City to be honest). Looked great for England too. As he's Andy Cole's son, might be the type of thing that you could put in your article to make it interesting mate.

Big, powerful, but a bit lanky. I once said that he runs like he has six legs, a bit like Wanchope or Yaya does but he's at that age where growth spurts happen and he could just be ahead of the curve. He seems to work the channels a lot but generally his first touch is good and he's pretty clinical.

He's only 15 or 16 but he's just agreed to sign for us professionally at 17 so he's one to watch out for in the coming season in our U18s.

Bloody hell I forgot about him too. Great shout and, like you say Dam, would be an interesting angle to go for with his inclusion.

Henshall...how good is he? The last I heard he was struggling a bit to impose himself and wasnt starting a lot of games.

Lucky Toma said:
I was asked to write an article about City's youth set-up for the Sabotage Times.
This has now been changed a bit and they now want me to profile the five best youngsters we have.
Other writers from other clubs will be doing their own versions so I want to do us proud.

So who do you think are our stars of the future, the lads with the brightest futures?

Danny Pugsley is your best option.

Also this website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/</a>

-- Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:59 pm --

mad zab said:
Lucky Toma said:
I was asked to write an article about City's youth set-up for the Sabotage Times.
This has now been changed a bit and they now want me to profile the five best youngsters we have.
Other writers from other clubs will be doing their own versions so I want to do us proud.

So who do you think are our stars of the future, the lads with the brightest futures?

Danny Pugesley is your best option.

Also this website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/</a>

Danny's website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bitterandblue.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bitterandblue.com/</a>

Kieran Kennedy
Harry Bunn
Alex Henshall
Paul Clowes
Denis Suarez

Harry Bunn
Alex Henshall
Gai Assulin
Juan Roman Angel
Abdul Razak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.