The best youngsters we have (Sabotage Times article now up)

Re: The five best youngster we have

How exactly does anybody know the potential of Denis Suarez? Do you guys watch lots of Celta Under 18s matches then?

Damocles said:
How exactly does anybody know the potential of Denis Suarez? Do you guys watch lots of Celta Under 18s matches then?
Don't think we would of payed £1m for a 17 year old if he was shit he's also in the u18s Spanish squad, surely he can't be shit?

Obviously I've not seen Suarez play, but he tweeted on 15th of June that he'd be training with the first team. IF true then he must be highly rated by our staff.

SS117 said:
Damocles said:
Don't think we would of payed £1m for a 17 year old if he was shit he's also in the u18s Spanish squad, surely he can't be shit?

£1m isn't a lot for a youth prospect, and getting into the U18 squad doesn't really mean too much apart as far as potential to become a first teamer is concerned.

That Karim Rekik is supposed to be a decent prospect too I've heard, not seen anything of him but he got some good reviews after playing for the Dutch youth side this summer.

I love these kind of threads, no one on this thread has ever watched these lads play long enough to form a real opinion on them.

It's all hearsay from what they have heard in the paper and if they have scored now and again or if they have been capped at international level and form their opinions through that. It's like football manager.

WNRH said:
I love these kind of threads, no one on this thread has ever watched these lads play long enough to form a real opinion on them.

It's all hearsay from what they have heard in the paper and if they have scored now and again or if they have been capped at international level and form their opinions through that. It's like football manager.

That's a touch cynical, there are Bluemooners who regularly attend the EDS/reserves and youth games.

Rekik and Suarez have monster hype. I haven't seen Suarez play but there must be something special there if Barca said "name your price" to Celta, while Chelsea and Real trailed him too.

Rekik I HAVE seen with my own eyes three times now at the U17 World Cup and he has exceptional natural talent. He is strong, quick, and times his challenges well. But he is also inexperienced and a sloppy header cost the Dutch a goal in one game (a rare mistake though, he also managed many crucial blocks from shots/crosses). I see huge potential in him. He captained the Dutch last night by the way when they lost to Mexico 3-2 in a cracking game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.