The best youngsters we have (Sabotage Times article now up)

Re: The five best youngster we have

From watching the under 16s 4/5 times last season I would say George Evans has a fair amount of potential.Devante Cole and Jordi Hiwula are raw-they have positive attributes but the coaches have a bit of work to do on them before they can be talked about as genuine prospects to make it at City.

All the games I saw were before xmas so its possible that they may have developed well in a short space of time as young players can do.In one or two games I was very impressed with Gregg Leigh who plays mostly at left back.Also seen him make the odd horendous mistake.

stockportblue said:
From watching the under 16s last season I would say George Evans has a fair amount of potential and Devante Cole

I agree completley with this!

Just finished watching England U17 in the world cup on Eurosport, and to be honest i think Alex Henshall had a very poor game. Didn't choose his options wisely and tried too many skills to pass a player when a easy pass was there. He may have the quality and skills becuase of his pace in the U18's but his strength isn't too good. Hopefully City can continue to work on him, and make him the talent he's supposed to be. And hope the game vs Uraguay was a blip!

Just finished and uploaded the article. It will appear hopefully this week and I'll put a link in here as soon as it does.

Thank you guys for all the assistance, particularly Damocles and Pughie.

In the end the five I went with were -

Bunn
Cole
Razak
Juan Roman
Wabara

There is a nice blend of type of player and stage of development.

The only downside is that - because I had to adhere to a 1000 word limit - I had to omit a section that began with 'Other notible mentions must go to.....'
Which means the likes of Assaulin and Henshaw were completely omitted.

With the limited space I had a straight choice between including them in the opening paragraphs or highlighting our very decent record of bringing through our own players in recent times. I went with the latter.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/devante-cole-and-4-other-manchester-city-stars-of-the-future/#comment-15861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... ment-15861</a>

Article now up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.