The Biggest derby in world football?

phuzion said:
How is Madrid and Barcelona a derby when they are 360 miles apart? lol

Moscows ones and the Turkish ones are bad afaik...

Oh, and its Auld Firm isnt it?

As far as I'm aware it's Old Firm, I stand to be corrected with evidence however!

spanishblue said:
The old firm worst i have been to for hatred

This is the only other derby i`ve been to, and it is as hate filled as people say,
it make the manchester derby look like 2 brownie packs sharing a picnic.

but is it really a derby, dont both teams have to come from the same city ?

blue_paul said:
phuzion said:
How is Madrid and Barcelona a derby when they are 360 miles apart? lol

Moscows ones and the Turkish ones are bad afaik...

Oh, and its Auld Firm isnt it?

As far as I'm aware it's Old Firm, I stand to be corrected with evidence however!

Think its both TBH, Auld is more commonly how its referred to in Scotland, i.e Auld Lang Syne. Apparently the word Auld is Scots English?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/auld" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/auld</a>

Al Ahly V Zamalek.

Egyptians are mental about their football, but it runs deeper than that.

The board of directors of Al Ahly are a who's who of Egyptian Society - royalty, military, politicians etc

To cut a long and VERY interesting story short, there is no official political opposition in Egypt, so if you disagree with the government, the only way you can voice it is by supporting Zamalek. If you have a chance to read anything about it, you should do. It's absolutely fascinating!

Goaters said:
Like many others I can't wait for the game tomorrow. But what I want to know is who do people think has the fiercest derby games in World football ?

Has anyone been to any of the foreign games and would recommend one ?

Fenerbahce v Galataseray (Asia v Europe)
Sevilla v Real Betis (bourgois v poor)
Celtic v Rangers (catholic v protestant)
Barcelona v Real Madrid (Catalan v Castillan/Facist)
Flamengo v Flumenense (Brazil, again rich v poor)
Boca Juniors v River Plate (inter-city rivalry)
Hull FC v Hull KR (ooh this is a biggen!)

cleavers said:
Amigo said:
The BIGGEST derby is "El Gran Classico,"

Barca V Madrid

Some of the others mentioned are very fierce though.

I was going to post that in ironic fashion, but I sense you actually mean it.

Considering the two clubs represent two areas who were at actual war with each other, then when the Facist party ruled the country kidknapped Barca's big star Di Stefano and made him sign for Real - who then went on to win 6 European Cups with him while he picked up World Player of the Year awards -, and so on and so on there's loads! I'd say this was as big as it gets!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.