The Biggest derby in world football?

r.soleofsalford said:
spanishblue said:
The old firm worst i have been to for hatred

This is the only other derby i`ve been to, and it is as hate filled as people say,
it make the manchester derby look like 2 brownie packs sharing a picnic.

but is it really a derby, dont both teams have to come from the same city ?
Both teams are from Glasgow.

We had a story on here once about the Prague Derby. Again with its roots of the Working people on one side and the Government on the other. The Goldilocks Rag Karol Poborsky was a Hero of the good guys. A mention to for the South Coast Derby which has its hatred rooted in Scab Labour breaking a Strike. Sorry I can never remember if its Pompey or Southampton who are the bad Guys.

The best place to watch some of the Derbies mentioned so far - Rome, Athens, Istanbul, Buenos Aries etc is from behind the sofa.

Project said:
I think we have one of the biggest now, in terms of spectacle and attention of the press. There isn't a hatred between Mancunians, but in terms of the draws of the respective clubs who is really fucking with us right now? Nobody outside of Glasgow cares about the Auld Firm derby. Milanese football has declined greatly.

There isn,t a hatred?
There is in my house..I hate every fucking one of em...bastards
and its not tomorrow yet!

Project said:
I think we have one of the biggest now, in terms of spectacle and attention of the press. There isn't a hatred between Mancunians, but in terms of the draws of the respective clubs who is really fucking with us right now? Nobody outside of Glasgow cares about the Auld Firm derby. Milanese football has declined greatly.
People in Ulster take an interest..

ifiwasarichfan said:
We had a story on here once about the Prague Derby. Again with its roots of the Working people on one side and the Government on the other. The Goldilocks Rag Karol Poborsky was a Hero of the good guys. A mention to for the South Coast Derby which has its hatred rooted in Scab Labour breaking a Strike. Sorry I can never remember if its Pompey or Southampton who are the bad Guys.

The best place to watch some of the Derbies mentioned so far - Rome, Athens, Istanbul, Buenos Aries etc is from behind the sofa.

Can you still see the tv from there?

guarani v ponte preta (brazil)
newells old boys v rosario central (argentina)

possibly the fiercest is in bulgaria

cska sofia (the ultras) v levski sofia (the gypsies)

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
r.soleofsalford said:
This is the only other derby i`ve been to, and it is as hate filled as people say,
it make the manchester derby look like 2 brownie packs sharing a picnic.

is it but really a derby, dont both teams have to come from the same city ?
Both teams are from Glasgow.

sorry i got giddy i was refering to the "manchester derby""is it really a derby?

Unknown_Genius said:
Marseille v Paris St. Germain

Ajax v Feyenoord. That can get nasty. <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8622879.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 622879.stm</a>

Neither of these are derbies either. Marseille is about 500 miles from Paris.

A derby is and always has been LOCAL rivals.

GermanBlue said:
Schalke / Dortmund
yes, Schalke-Dortmund is the "mother of all derbies" in germany. HSV-Werder and Köln-Gladbach ain´t bad. 1860 vs. Bayern was a good one in former times
The worst in terms of violence is Sachsen (Chemie) Leipzig vs Lok. Leipzig (and other derbies east german clubs involved)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.