The bluemoon health and ailments thread

Uncle Wally One Ball

Been having a buzzing/droning in my ears for a few months. Lately my ears feel clogged and when I blow my nose I can really feel pressure in one of the ears. For a while I was afraid I may have permanent tinnitus but the feeling of popping/clogging, whilst being annoying, has allowed me to think that it might be temporary and fixable at least. Professional opinion on Friday.
Had exactly the same thing 4 years ago. Hearing aid sorted it

Nebuchadnezzar

Did you get married during lockdown....?

Ps. Hope you get on okay Friday and it’s easily sorted
I can't blame the missus i'm afraid! Thanks for your good wishes.

Had exactly the same thing 4 years ago. Hearing aid sorted it
Cheers for this too. I'm hoping a hearing aid won't be necessary but will see what the man with the stethoscope says.

Uncle Wally One Ball

I can't blame the missus i'm afraid! Thanks for your good wishes.

Cheers for this too. I'm hoping a hearing aid won't be necessary but will see what the man with the stethoscope says.
The ringing you hear and the aural fullness (actual medical name for it!) will be because you have gone hearing impaired and so you notice those things because you cant notice sounds. Trust me Ive been there. Plus side, it will go once you get fitted for one

bluegray

I was born with a condition call Charcot Marie Syndrome. Type of muscle wastage disease. Had numerous operations on my feet. Google Triple Arthidesis if u have a strong stomach, shows a typical operation I've had done twice on each foot. Only got 20% left 80% right hearing. Other than that not bad.

levets

Team supported
City
Went to bed 21st August 2014, woke up feeling weird and by the evening of the 22nd August 2014 was paralysed, intensive care on life support, trachea fitted, a further 16 months in hospital, not walked unaided since. Now a permanent wheelchair user. Was diagnosed with Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS). It cost me everything. Apart from that I’m fine :-(

stonerblue

Been having a buzzing/droning in my ears for a few months. Lately my ears feel clogged and when I blow my nose I can really feel pressure in one of the ears. For a while I was afraid I may have permanent tinnitus but the feeling of popping/clogging, whilst being annoying, has allowed me to think that it might be temporary and fixable at least. Professional opinion on Friday.
Hay fever

stonerblue

Went to bed 21st August 2014, woke up feeling weird and by the evening of the 22nd August 2014 was paralysed, intensive care on life support, trachea fitted, a further 16 months in hospital, not walked unaided since. Now a permanent wheelchair user. Was diagnosed with Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS). It cost me everything. Apart from that I’m fine :-(
Fucking hell. All the best Blue

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.