The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Indeed, I think @NZBlue mentioned both Shawn Colvin and Sheryl Crowe both of whom I like and have seen but for me LW is a notch above them. My favourite song of hers changes pretty much whenever I listen to her which I think is a sign of a great back catalogue. This week it's Righteously but next week it'll probably be something different.

NZBlue, re. Gillian Welch I think someone did have Revelator on the playlist thread so you never know.

There's a few Americana fans in these parts but also some naysayers too, next time we do this I might just pick an Iris DeMent song just for them.
I had Revelator on my playlist i also nominated Car Wheels for the album review.
Gillian Welch somebody i should like a lot more than i do.Jason Isbell also comes under this.
Lucinda is recovering from a stroke so here is a recent couple of songs of hers that are in my favourites.
Thought about nominating both in the Bluemoon Song Cup.

Two top talents and with fantastically contrasting voices to boot seems a shame to have to pick. Popular as that Gladys Knight song is, it's a bit too smooth/soft focus for me and I'd have probably picked something else, mind as good a song as Cart Wheels is I can think of loads of LW's songs that are at least it's equivalent - sign of a phenomenal artist.

If was something like I Heard It Through the Grapevine or Midnight Train I might have been more conflicted but as it is, LW a relatively easy choice.
TTWOOMM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.