The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

… and yet OK Computer, The Bends, and Kid A are all considered by many to be some of the finest pop/rock records ever made in poll after poll, not so much of professional critics but of fans. It's that high regard I object so strenously to, and cannot understand, save for the context of their fans simply not having exposure to a wider range of music.
And yet so many who rate them have demonstrated through these threads the wide range of music they have been exposed to and admire.

The Roses should have had this as their comeback single instead of that three musketeers All For One shite. Quite like the Sly and family stone tune but I love Beautiful Thing, classic Roses even though the cunts broke my heart for a second time.
Roses for me.

You mean the Bends and OK Computer? No, but then lots of brilliant albums are not in the top four I’ve ever heard. That’s a mighty shift of the goalposts though
Not moving a goalpost -- it's precisely what I've posted many, many (too many) times before. My problem isn't that people like Radiohead. People like lots of bands I don't. It's that (as I wrote) list after list of fan polls have OKC and one or more of Bends or KA as top 1/2/5/10 record(s) of all time.

My view is that they aren't, and if someone thinks they are, that person hasn't listened to enough music to judge.

Not moving a goalpost -- it's precisely what I've posted many, many (too many) times before. My problem isn't that people like Radiohead. People like lots of bands I don't. It's that (as I wrote) list after list of fan polls have OKC and one or more of Bends or KA as top 1/2/5/10 record(s) of all time.

My view is that they aren't, and if someone thinks they are, that person hasn't listened to enough music to judge.
You’re reading the wrong lists. I’ve just randomly looked at 5, Ok Computer manages 8th, 20th and 43rd on them, I gave up looking on the others. It’s all subjective anyway but the ultimate arbiter will be the Bluemoon vote. Calling @BlueHammer85 to remind us how Radiohead fared. And what was number one, better not have been something shit aka something I don’t like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.