The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Jam overrated and derivative + Style Council positively unlistenable = Weller solo utterly pointless.

Am I doing this right?

Go-Gos best tune IMO.

I note you've had a like from MES. I normally consider you two to be men of taste and discernment but in the case of Weller you are clearly a pair of wrong uns.

I note you've had a like from MES. I normally consider you two to be men of taste and discernment but in the case of Weller you are clearly a pair of wrong uns.
I am kidding. I like many Jam tunes though I do think they are a tad overrated and never cottoned to SC or Weller solo. Hell, in the airband contest in college me and my buddies did “A Town Called Malice.” Setting Sons and In The City are my favo(u)rite records of theirs but always thought they were a better singles band than an album band. Never quite got the love for All Mod Cons.

But really I’m just trying to combat the anti-Gogo vote :) They are quite underrated IMO.

I am kidding. I like many Jam tunes though I do think they are a tad overrated and never cottoned to SC or Weller solo. Hell, in the airband contest in college me and my buddies did “A Town Called Malice.” Setting Sons and In The City are my favo(u)rite records of theirs but always thought they were a better singles band than an album band. Never quite got the love for All Mod Cons.

But really I’m just trying to combat the anti-Gogo vote :) They are quite underrated IMO.

Go-Gos will win this, there's other tracks of 22 Dreams that might have swayed me but not this one.

I think despite the fact they weren't commercially successful in this country, the Go-Go's reputation has increased over the years here. There's a fairly decent documentary on them available on Sky in this country.

Jam overrated and derivative + Style Council positively unlistenable = Weller solo utterly pointless.

Am I doing this right?

Go-Gos best tune IMO.
I could go on for hours and I probably will, but I'd sooner put some joy back in

I could go on for hours and I probably will, but I'd sooner put some joy back in

I think in fairness to Foggy, he was expressing his (still wrong uns) opinion in a deliberately provocative manner as a bit of a piss take/protest about some of the highly reductive views we see on this thread.

To your point it would be nice in the second round if people focused on why they loved a track rather than just slagging the other song/band (unless that hate is rooted in a worthwhile anecdote!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.