The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

I see the ‘Val Doonicans cardigan appreciation society’ are back from their day of collecting twigs and leaves to make cards for the festive season, tonight they’ll be dining on lentil and barley stew whilst taking politics, later, Roger will get his “guitar” out and play some tunes, whilst they all sit around the table mouthing ‘AMAZING’.

Not that it will matter and neither should it in a head to head but the Boxer received significantly more votes in the lead up to the final than Gimme Shelter.

Both are timeless and more than deserve their prominent place in music history and will be played over and over again long after we are music devotees in the big gig in the sky and enjoyed for many a generation to come.

Did TRS write better songs , IMO yes and a few of them at that, did SG write better songs than The Boxer , its much harder IMO to find many although I have one or two that for me carry the day.

The Boxer takes me through more of an emotional journey that encompass both happy and sad childhood memories.

If I hear it and I still play it often I have to listen to it from pillar to post.

As good as Gimme Shelter is I can tune off and not regret I missed a moment in time as much as like KR's great riffs , hooks and intros and Merry Claytons iconic voice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.