The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P220 - R2/M109 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Hold On To Yourself) v Wilson Pickett (Bring It On Home To Me)

Wow. By far the toughest choice so far. I’m going to go Cobain because of how iconic this whole performance was (Unplugged as a record might be Nirvana’s best work, and it was all off-the-cuff) and this is my favo(u)rite from the evening (closely followed by “Lake of Fire” — Meat Puppets a very underrated band) but Jealous Guy wins for me against most anything else.

Couldn’t argue with anyone picking either — two brilliant selections — kudos to our contributors.

One of the most underrated singers from these shores.
Some great stuff from the 60's and early 70's.
I agree, I know exactly who Lulu is. I’m almost 66 yrs of age. However, to suggest her version of TMWSTW is superior to Bowie’s is ridiculous.

Cobain was like another popular "singer" on here; neither could carry a note in a bucket. And even if he could sing, both Bowie and Lulu did versions that were infinitely better. Whereas Roxy Music was one of those rare cases where a cover version is better than the original.
Couldn't agree more @jimharri (apart from the bit in bold)............ ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.