The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P220 - R2/M109 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Hold On To Yourself) v Wilson Pickett (Bring It On Home To Me)

Wow. By far the toughest choice so far. I’m going to go Cobain because of how iconic this whole performance was (Unplugged as a record might be Nirvana’s best work, and it was all off-the-cuff) and this is my favo(u)rite from the evening (closely followed by “Lake of Fire” — Meat Puppets a very underrated band) but Jealous Guy wins for me against most anything else.

Couldn’t argue with anyone picking either — two brilliant selections — kudos to our contributors.
It is my favorite output of theirs (not that I don't enjoy some of their studio work) - terrific listen and doesn't age for me............

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/CA/M 10
Category A - Cover Songs

Echo & The Bunneymen - People Are Strange
v
Thin Lizzy - Whisky In The Jar

Full time !
History is made! after 166 fixtures we have our first ever zero. It's the sound of silence in the away end for the stunned fans.
Unfortunate for Pentatonix to face such a strong opposition in the first round.
Marvin Gaye a early contender ... Honey, honey, yeah

Heard It Through The Grapevine 38 - 0 Sound Of Silence

The zero pointer original would be in my top ten S&G tunes to be fair but I couldn't vote for this cover despite knowing the eye candy might assist.

Wow. By far the toughest choice so far. I’m going to go Cobain because of how iconic this whole performance was (Unplugged as a record might be Nirvana’s best work, and it was all off-the-cuff) and this is my favo(u)rite from the evening (closely followed by “Lake of Fire” — Meat Puppets a very underrated band) but Jealous Guy wins for me against most anything else.

Couldn’t argue with anyone picking either — two brilliant selections — kudos to our contributors.
Well put , not against other artists paying cover tributes for an event in time but there were a flood of them when JWL was assassinated including many originals like SN's 17 and that in part makes them less important and enjoyable to listen for me as time progresses.

I chose Cobain because for me its a better song in all facets , his voice better represents and blends into the music and to be honest I am surprised that it didn't get through but the UK factor might have had something to do with that.

Nevermind changed the course of popular music more so than any other single record from 1991 onwards IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.