The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P220 - R2/M109 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Hold On To Yourself) v Wilson Pickett (Bring It On Home To Me)

Love the Bunnymen, but this is nowhere near their usual high standards.
Remember an interview with McCullough where he said he spent years fighting off accusations of being a Doors rip off band - and then they went and recorded a Doors song!
Agree it wasn't their best but only recorded for a film soundtrack. Still has my vote but I know the Irish vote will see this one through

Remember an interview with McCullough where he said he spent years fighting off accusations of being a Doors rip off band - and then they went and recorded a Doors song!
Agree it wasn't their best but only recorded for a film soundtrack. Still has my vote but I know the Irish vote will see this one through
Wasn't it also produced by Ray Manzarek?

I like the Echo cover (it’s the only thing in my collection by them) and love the movie it was used in. However, can only vote for the wonderful Thin Lizzy and the song that first drew them to my attention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.