The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - R3/M139 - P262 - The Who (Won't Get Fooled Again) v AC/DC (Highway To Hell)

I’ll agree with that. A few exceptional songs, this being one of them, but not enough to put them in the same league as their contemporaries. Another discussion point for the Rock Evolution thread.
I love them — great singles, many great albums.

I think Daltrey is overrated as a singer and a front man.

Pete is a genius as a writer and a player, but periodically he could fall into some prentious output (his solo years mostly).

But Moon and Ox have to be in the top five rhythm sections of all time.

I can understand not being fond of them but they were very inventive, incredible live, sounded uniquely themselves and held it together for a long while.

Overhyped, no sir.

Mighty band live though, especially late 70's/ early 80's. Even did a farewell/ call it quits tour and then...hey lads, want to go on first at live aid?...
I remember that tour well. I didn't fall for it then, but thought it all pretty funny at the time.

1730076525346.png
Almost said it was late for you to still be up, but then remembered the UK went back an hour today.

Joining you next weekend. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.