The Boxing thread

I put it in another thread, murray has been on the piss during his training camp. Mitchell had a great 12 weeks. Just shows you can't fuck about, you need to be 100%.

If that is true, being on the ale, then he has disrespected his fans and has gone right down in my estimation! Regarding the fight, i thought both boxers were impressive for 6 rnds, but mitchell had a game plan and it worked. Mitchell is the better boxer and i dont see the point of a rematch.

Joe gallaghers gonna have to change john murrays style cos he aint getting
nowhere with those tactics . Its ok when your fighting journeymen but now
hes stepped up against the likes of mitchell hes been found out badly .
John sees himself has the new ricky hatton but ricky had a lot more in his offence than john & he could punch with authority wheres murray isnt a big
puncher at all .
But its not the end of the world after suffering the first defeat of his career
john can come back a better fighter ? Oh while im at it bellew is an average
boxer who wont win the world title cos hes not good enough & im putting my
head on the block now when i say gavin wont win the world title either hes
a brilliant boxer with powder puff power i dont think thats enough to get him
to the very top .

pips said:
Joe gallaghers gonna have to change john murrays style cos he aint getting
nowhere with those tactics . Its ok when your fighting journeymen but now
hes stepped up against the likes of mitchell hes been found out badly .
John sees himself has the new ricky hatton but ricky had a lot more in his offence than john & he could punch with authority wheres murray isnt a big
puncher at all .
But its not the end of the world after suffering the first defeat of his career
john can come back a better fighter ? Oh while im at it bellew is an average
boxer who wont win the world title cos hes not good enough & im putting my
head on the block now when i say gavin wont win the world title either hes
a brilliant boxer with powder puff power i dont think thats enough to get him
to the very top .

I argee with a lot of what you have to say Pips. The rumours coming off the back of both Murray and Gavin where not good. Murray on the piss before any fight is wrong all the top fighters and want to be top fighters live like a saint in the lead up to there fights.
It seems from Barry Mc that Frankie Gavin loves his partying and his diet is meant to be shit loves the good life too much no hunger. He is a light welter weight and should be cutting the weight down to box at that weight level. That was were his power came from and he had a number of KOs in that division so far. Warren and Farnell need to sit him down and tell him to sort it out or its not going to work for him and he wont get any big fights. Boxing skills is brilliant and if he wants to do it he will win a World title. At Light Welter Weight a lot are moving up to Welter Weight and whats left wouldnt be all that great by the time he fights for a World title.

I am qualified to post this before anyone asks.

John murray, was a fantastic amateur boxer. His movement and punch placement was excellent. He was also as fit as you can be, his boxing style has to be credited to JOE PENNINGTON, not joe gallagher.

Joe penn, always thought that john couldn't take a shot as well as he could have, and taught him how to slip them better. Joe gallagher on the other hand is gung-ho and thinks that leading with your chin, to get your own shots off is the answer. John is renowned as a warrior, something i never could get my head round, as i always thought him to be a boxer, not a fighter. Sticking to his amateur roots, i believe he would have definitley have a world title by now.

I've not spoken to john in a few years, but can honestly say he is a really nice lad, a massive blue and i'm sure will be back, better and stronger than before.

glen quagmire said:

John murray, was a fantastic amateur boxer. His movement and punch placement was excellent. He was also as fit as you can be, his boxing style has to be credited to JOE PENNINGTON, not joe gallagher.

Joe penn, always thought that john couldn't take a shot as well as he could have, and taught him how to slip them better. Joe gallagher on the other hand is gung-ho and thinks that leading with your chin, to get your own shots off is the answer. John is renowned as a warrior, something i never could get my head round, as i always thought him to be a boxer, not a fighter. Sticking to his amateur roots, i believe he would have definitley have a world title by now.

I've not spoken to john in a few years, but can honestly say he is a really nice lad, a massive blue and i'm sure will be back, better and stronger than before.
Completely off pat and apologies for the digression, but just spotted your location. Show us yer muscles!!!

glen quagmire said:

To be honest Johns only what 25 or 26 he can come back a better fighter after this. Warren will rebuild him up but I think Gallagher got his tatics wrong on the night. John was smoothering his own work as normal when he used his jab in the fight it was working well for him so you could see he had good amateur skills. It seems with Gallagher his 2 main men Murray and Macklin in a way are happy to slug it out in the centre of the ring but Macklin isnt as much of a pressure fighter as Murray but has a good mix. If Murray gets the right mix of when to pressure and when to use his boxing skills he can come back strong. 1 come back fight then fight for the European title again might be Warrens plan for him. Or maybe Warren can do what he did for DeGaile and get him a European title fight after a defeat.

glen quagmire said:

Good to see Joe progressing well too although he's a rag he's a top lad

Yes. Young joe is a great prospect. Unfortunatley another lad who's great boxing style, will be sacrificed for his trainer's gung ho methods. Joe would be more suited to someone like brian hughes or the aforementioned joe pennington. Bob shannon, (belting guy) would also work for young joe, as long as his basics were left alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.