The Boxing thread

An interesting couple of fights tonight. Fury-Chisora is a fight I can't really call because I haven't seen enough of either guy. When I think of Fury I think of the time where he threw an uppercut that landed squarely on his own chin, so he's obviously got some fair whiskers on him!

The one that interests me most tonight though is Khan vs Zab Judah. I saw the weigh-in last night and Zab looked in awesome condition. I can understand Khan being favourite for this one given that he is the younger, fresher fighter. But odds of 1/7 for a Khan win seem a bit ridiculous to me so it's got to be worth a couple of quid on Judah. The guy's got speed and power to burn still at aged 33. Yes he can blow hot and cold but in his last fight he showed an ability to just jab and box his wway into a fight before finishing it in devastating fashion, so IMO he is a major threat to Khan tonight. It's got potential to be a belter because Khan himself is rarely involved in a bad fight (save the McCloskey fight).

Pretty much agree mate, if Judah can 'roll back the years' then he's easily capable of giving Khan all manner of problems here, despite being smaller still has a better reach so I guess we'll just have to see.

Chisora / Fury, very close in my opinion, if Fury comes in fit and in condition I can see him pulling it off, if not then I'd go for a late stoppage for Chisora.

I seen Fury fight live on the undercard of the Benard Dunne v Poonswat K world title fight 2 years ago against a Eurobum and Fury took care of him. I beleive that the fight is live on 5 over in the UK tonight. I wont be able to watch it over here but I would expect a late stoppage to Del Boy if he can get in to work on Fury. I remember big John Mc getting robbed against Fury and Del Boy is slightly better.

Tonight on youtube I will more than likely be watching Scott Quigg V Varela which should be a good fight. When is Quigg going to grow a pair of balls and fight Frampton? Has to happen and I fancy Frampton to sort Quigg out.

As for Khan v Judah. Khans odds are way to short. Value for money bet on this is Judah by TKO or KO tonight at 11/2 in Paddy Power. I really fancy Judah tonight Sweet P has changed Judah for the better in his last fight he looked good. Its make or break for Zab a win tonight gets him the bigger fights again gets beaten and he may have to hang up the gloves.

lust overlord said:
Chisora on points and Judah to surprise Khan tonight.
Like Conor said, Chisora doesn't look in good enough condition to be able to win a UD.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 am --<br /><br />[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFk-ec5lSY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.