The Boxing thread

Carl is finished. I know I should give Warrington more respect because thats twice now Ive fancied him to comfortably get beat and hes come through, but I just dont rate him at all hes just a grafter and I cant see anything different.

Gonna wait for the Chisora/Whyte card to go on normal sky before watching it next week. Was the Charlo card on UK tv I cant remember setting up to record it?

Charlo card was only shown on FOX no UK coverage.

I also watched that interview & Frampton said he got buzzed so he had to just start trading with Warrington but that wasn't the plan he also said that he'd underestimated Josh he was a lot better fighter & punched a lot harder than he thought , Looking back now i dont think Carl fully recovered from the early onslaught the speed accuracy & combinations the punches where coming at him from all angles maybe his reflexes & timing have gone or certainly not what they once was they always say a fighter is the first to know but last to admit their time at the top level is up i dare anyone to watch that interview on ifl tv & not get choked up i had a right lump in my throat he was a top fighter in his prime but more importantly he seems a really nice lad very down to earth good luck to him whatever he chooses to do next .

Yeah it was a sad interview. His performance and interview strikes you as someone who's had enough. I took the interview as him saying he couldn't move very well which resulted in him getting buzzed and then him having to change his game plan and start fighting.

My son was at the fight he said there was thousands from Leeds supporting for Warrington so don't know where you got that from .
Carl always brings the numbers over from Belfast and Ireland in general to his fights. Still fighting as the away fighter is always hard his record will always stand the time. Fought the best he could and made a good living from it.

ITV4 announce 2 FREE shows �� Al Haymon is a don for this. (Eddie better watch out)

Jan 13
Jose Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant
IBF Super Middleweight World Title

Jan 19
Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner
WBA (regular) World Welterweight Title
The more free boxing the better. I used to love the Warren cards on ITV years back free to air. You had Naz on them and Shea Neary. Then BBC showed Haye and a few others too.

ITV4 announce 2 FREE shows �� Al Haymon is a don for this. (Eddie better watch out)

Jan 13
Jose Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant
IBF Super Middleweight World Title

Jan 19
Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner
WBA (regular) World Welterweight Title

Awesome. Feels a bit like the other promotors are ganging up on Eddie since he was so brash about the DAZN deal. Fair play to them, he was a bit of a tit the way he talked about taking over with the billion quid. Also think it's gonna cost him in the AJ v Wilder or Fury fights as that split is gonna be a lot closer to 50/50 than they wanted.

Eddie Hearn is always like that. I like his dad but at times Eddie is too much. Dont get me wrong he loves the fight game i will give him that but at times i would love to see him putting on better cards. The American cards with DAZN i have watched them and all were well worth a look and some good fights on them. Now if he gets backs to basics in the UK and make some of the non PPV cards even more of a must see would be great. Look at his fighters who are the PPV fighters now.
AJ is a given.
Callum Smith will be the next 1 he will try and turn into a PPV star with Bellew retired.
Whyte shouldnt be but is which is daft.
Brook and Khan that fight alone will be.

There is a lot of fighters out there holding world titles and should be pushed on but they need to have a few good fighters on there undercards to get the numbers in to watch them.
Just say the next time a fight is in Birmingham have the Yafai brothers on that card in competitive fights.
Any of the Liverpool cards get the locals in with live fighters now.

Eddie Hearn is always like that. I like his dad but at times Eddie is too much. Dont get me wrong he loves the fight game i will give him that but at times i would love to see him putting on better cards. The American cards with DAZN i have watched them and all were well worth a look and some good fights on them. Now if he gets backs to basics in the UK and make some of the non PPV cards even more of a must see would be great. Look at his fighters who are the PPV fighters now.
AJ is a given.
Callum Smith will be the next 1 he will try and turn into a PPV star with Bellew retired.

There is a lot of fighters out there holding world titles and should be pushed on but they need to have a few good fighters on there undercards to get the numbers in to watch them.
Just say the next time a fight is in Birmingham have the Yafai brothers on that card in competitive fights.
Bit pissed off with Hearn at the moment tbh, should be making a big noise about the two girls dodging Katie and he isn't.

AJ is a given.

Whyte has proven himself to be a ppv fighter with some cracking fights and wins this year. He has earned the right to make 9 figure sums for his fights so the way it is they have to be ppv. I actually think he beats Wilder and goes a lot closer with Fury and Joshua. Unfortunately for him Wilder is the one out of those three that he won't fight for a while.

I also have no idea how the Joshua v Fury fight happens. Hearn v Warren will be much more difficult to than the actual fight, Warren can't go two minutes without dissing Matchroom.

Hearn don't care much about Katie nearly 2 years pro and no big homecoming fight. If he cared about Katie she would be headlining here in Ireland already. Not in London or any undercards. They should have a fight Paddy's weekend in Dublin with her and Jono Carroll.
As for Whyte numbers count I guess but he in my opinion shouldn't be Ppv fighter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.