The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 27 Oct 2010.

1. Free Ian Brown

Free Ian Brown

He doesn't seem to mind who stops him, as long as it's not Kell Brook

2. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Khan beats Brook for me mate, shame we probably won't get to see it.

3. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

What’s the joke PPV?

By the way, any of you that pay for ppv really need to look into getting iptv. I paid 60e for the year at iptv shop for 22000 live tv channels including all box office. You would need good internet for the big fights

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Lol. Seems like that sometimes.

5. DaveyG

DaveyG

DeGale vs Eubank is the joke PPV

6. Metalartin

Metalartin

I don't think Hearn has anything to do with Eubank Jr or ITV Box Office to be fair.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    DeGale v Eubank, wouldn't pay €2 for a card with that as a headline, it's an undercard fight.

Don't mind paying for PPV, at least I'm only paying for the fights I want to watch.
    I'd pay for Sky Sports if they had all of City's League and League Cup games (and didn't have so many gambling ads), but they don't.
    BT can fuck off, shite coverage and too many digs at City in the CL, both Sly and Blatant.

8. Metalartin

Metalartin

Watched the extended highlights of Warrington vs Frampton the other night. I'll have to watch the whole thing some time but hats off to Warrington. Not sure how many fights he can keep up that sort of pace for though, he must have expended tons of energy in that fight.

If he can keep doing that there will be some big fights ahead of him, Selby and Frampton are already big wins in their own right, in succession too is impressive. He's had a great year.

9. DaveyG

DaveyG

Fair enough, but making fights like Bellew vs Haye, Chisora vs Whyte PPV has meant other promoters have made every other fight ppv. Got me ppv should reserved for the very elite fights and not some made up british grudge fight

10. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

If they're not on ppv they don't get made. You can't blame the promoters and you can't blame the boxers. Nor are SKY gonna pay 3 million quid to subsidise the fighters for a night of boxing. These fights are not going ahead paying the fighters a couple of hundred so it's ppv or very few decent fights.