The Boxing thread

Broner should retire. A big chance to get back to the top and done fuck all against a aging Pacman no wonder he comes out with shit at the end. I would say fair enough if he put up some sort of performance.

I don’t rate Broner at all, I’ve read a lot on line saying he needs to throw his hands more. I know from personal experience ( a very pathetic attempt at boxing on my part ) you can look the dogs on the heavy bag and mitts, but that doesn’t always translate to a fight. He doesn’t throw punches because he’s worried about what’s gonna come back. He landed 50 punches all fight. That’s pretty lame, he can’t seriously think he won??

I don’t rate Broner at all, I’ve read a lot on line saying he needs to throw his hands more. I know from personal experience ( a very pathetic attempt at boxing on my part ) you can look the dogs on the heavy bag and mitts, but that doesn’t always translate to a fight. He doesn’t throw punches because he’s worried about what’s gonna come back. He landed 50 punches all fight. That’s pretty lame, he can’t seriously think he won??

Broner has won world titles in what is it, 3, 4 weight classes? He's not been a total dud his whole career and has demonstrated a lot of quality but i seems he peaked early on in his career (when he was the bigger guy in the smaller weights he fought at). His gross personality has also always made him hard to warm to. Maidana gave him one hell of a humbling a few years back and he hasn't ever recovered any aura of note since then, and I agree he cannot possibly claim with any legitimacy that he beat Pacquiao. I watched it live at the time and struggled to give Broner any share of any of the rounds. He landed the odd eye-catching shot.

Pacquiao on the other hand does not move his feet anything like as flightily (if that's a word) as he used to. Maybe he's more worried about those calf cramps being a factor at this stage of his career if he tries too hard to be light on his feet.

I almost got the sense he was rushing his shots to counter the fact that he has lost some of his old hand speed. I think that contributed to a fairly poor connect % and the fact he also only landed a handful of clean shots throughout the fight. None of the above should be any shock considering his age, but really he is a shadow of himself now.

Thurman v Lopez on ITV4, surprisingly

Nice little catch this for ITV, with a decent enough undercard, Rocky on ITV currently to warm up (:

Coverage starts at 1[/QUOTE

Watched '12 rnds' last week. Chuck Wepner who inspired the Rocky film. My gran looks more like Ali than that actor.

Thurman needs to put on a show. Plenty of contenders at welter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.