The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 26 Oct 2010.

1. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Say something about khan the yanks love him

2. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

If Khan fights Crawford, Hearn will sack him off. He only signed him to make the Brook fight. I agree, the public aren't half as arsed about those two fighting at this stage as the media are trying to portray. Both look a bit past it and both performed pretty poorly last time out.

3. leighton

leighton

Yeah the links to the crime gang here won't ever go away and it's sad to see. If there was a fight in Dublin it will cost too much for security if a MTK fighter is involved. It's sad but there paying the fighters money. Some of the deals are crazy but the fighters are sleeping with the sharks. I don't think Taylor is involved with them so nothing stopping her having fight here.

4. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

So the rumours are that Wilder v Fury 2 is happening and AJ will go to America to fight Miller. Talk of Klitschko fighting Whyte and Usyk v Povetkin. Whilst they're all good fights, I think Hearn and Matchroom will get torn apart if these happen. If I was Whyte and I see AJ going to America I reckon it's time to sack off Matchroom even if he headlines Wembley in April.

5. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    The Klitschko Whyte thing is just the media taking a throwaway comment from Whyte and getting overexcited, Wlad has already said he's retired and not coming back.

6. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

That’s what I thought at first but i’ve seen it talked about in so many places that it might have some truth to it. Unless it’s Marchroom trying to trick Wilder into fighting AJ but it doesn’t really make sense. With the resurgence of Fury I can see the casual fan turning against AJ and Hearn if they don’t fight Wilder, Fury or Whyte next.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    As in Wlad has said it's not happening as of 3:30pm today :)

8. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Aha, that’s the end of that then!

aguero93:20 likes this.
  9. leighton

leighton

I have to say the fights this weekend look good the Sky Matchroom card in the US will be a good 1 Andrade is always worth a look and then you also have a stacked card so plenty of fights to look forward to. Then ITV4 showing Broner v Pacman will be decent card if it is anything like last nights card it will be well worth a look.

10. quickeyg

quickeyg

Tell you what I'm buzzing for the Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner fight - at least ITV are going out there way and providing fight fans with an All Access show. Saturday morning folks buy that little bit extra extra food & drink and prepare yourselves. Gonna set my alarm for about 3:40am. Nothing like a good old Las Vegas boxing event. Gotta give Al Hayman praise for letting us have this fight for free. Eddie Hearn will be looking over his shoulder all the time in 2019. Enjoy.