The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 26 Oct 2010.

1. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

So the rumours are that Wilder v Fury 2 is happening and AJ will go to America to fight Miller. Talk of Klitschko fighting Whyte and Usyk v Povetkin. Whilst they're all good fights, I think Hearn and Matchroom will get torn apart if these happen. If I was Whyte and I see AJ going to America I reckon it's time to sack off Matchroom even if he headlines Wembley in April.

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    The Klitschko Whyte thing is just the media taking a throwaway comment from Whyte and getting overexcited, Wlad has already said he's retired and not coming back.

3. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

That’s what I thought at first but i’ve seen it talked about in so many places that it might have some truth to it. Unless it’s Marchroom trying to trick Wilder into fighting AJ but it doesn’t really make sense. With the resurgence of Fury I can see the casual fan turning against AJ and Hearn if they don’t fight Wilder, Fury or Whyte next.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    As in Wlad has said it's not happening as of 3:30pm today :)

5. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Aha, that’s the end of that then!

aguero93:20 likes this.
  6. leighton

leighton

I have to say the fights this weekend look good the Sky Matchroom card in the US will be a good 1 Andrade is always worth a look and then you also have a stacked card so plenty of fights to look forward to. Then ITV4 showing Broner v Pacman will be decent card if it is anything like last nights card it will be well worth a look.

7. Free Ian Brown

Free Ian Brown

Liam Smith vs Sam Eggington is underwhelming.

Alvarez vs Jacobs is most certainly not.

jay_mcfc likes this.
  8. leighton

leighton

From last night delighted for TJ done well to get the stopage in his title fight. He is a solid pro TJ and I hope he makes as much money as he can. They can put TJ in with some good fighters can see him in a All Ireland clash with Ryan Burnett if Ryan moves up the weights which would be a huge fight anywhere in Ireland. 1 world champion against a former champion who had to retire injured in his last fight.

9. Southern

Southern

Dodgy stoppage 30 secs before end of round 12 in Andrade vs Akavov Yesterday

10. Jimbob

Jimbob

Pacquaio outclassing Broner this morning. Rumours of Mayweather rematch in September.