The Boxing thread

Ah I was thinking more about the scorecards giving him absolutely nothing. I was only talking about two rounds which were close(so not a travesty he wasn't given anything in them) but giving a couple of even rounds or Garcia the nod would have been a more accurate reflection on how the fight started compared to the second half of the fight, where Spence looked visibly way more assured and dominated the rounds.

I had to watch it the day after and could only find one with Russian subs. Having said that though, I actually enjoyed it, you do have to concentrate a lot harder, instead of relying on the commentators to call the shots... probably not suitable for 4am ring walks with booze in your system though.

I think there will always be some bias from broadcasters, they all have their vested interests, with the money and high stakes involved. The American ones are particularly bad for it but we can't say Boxnation or Sky Sports don't have any either.
Of course you're right but this guy took it to a whole new level. He was the only announcer working the show, also. A colour commentator may have given a bit of balance?

Spence v Garcia was so one sided it was crazy. We have seen this a lot in recent years. Khan moving up 2 weights to get KO'd by Canelo Also I think Kell Brook too moved up the weights for GGG both ended badly. I get a feeling that the way things are going these fights will be more regular. Yeah its great to see Garcia test himself but why go up to that extreme I just cant get my head around. I hope he was paind well by that. Being honest. I was hoping his corner would pull him out at times.

Jono Carrol v Farmer was a decent fight. Carrol gave it his all. I think he landed more than Farmer on the machine but Farmer deserved the win. Carrol with that showing will get a lot of chances out in the US after that fight.

I see what people are saying about the one-sidedness but I don't get the "they should have stopped it" comments.

Even when he was hurt, he was never out on his feet, never even looked like he was thinking about taking a knee to me. Kahn got blasted out, Brook got a fractured eye-socket, so you'd have to say this wasn't a mismatch anywhere near the magnitude of those fights.

Is it more to do with the psychological damage a shutout/dominating defeat, can do to a fighter as good as Garcia, who's never experienced it? I don't think it will have that effect on Garcia, he looked fine at the end of the fight(mentally but he wasn't badly cut or swollen either), humbled but fine. I also get that at some point, you know there is no way of turning the fight around, when someone is so far ahead and the knockout isn't likely but as Eubank Sr. would say "Think about the wawwiors code".

Something not right with Ritson, reckon his resistance to a good body shot is really low and every time he gets a good one he struggles. He could do with getting a top class trainer as well because he’s still wide open.

That Maxwell fight was amazing! Knocked down in the first two rounds, Sebiri spent the last two rounds showboating and dancing even though he could have took Maxwell out at any point and wobbled him in the last. Then with 10 seconds left in the last he got sparked out! God knows how two judges had Maxwell winning but if you get a chance to watch it you should.

Strange behaviour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47744247

4b74a947d76593c57d72371eaa233a05

Kubrat Pulev kisses Jenny SuShe mid-interview.

What on earth is David Price doing taking part in a televised fight?

Has he no bored us all enough already?

On a side note, as he is an 1/8 favourite, how bad is the opponent (think he has won all 15 of his fights thus far but honestly haven't come across him)?

Heard Price clipped his head on a low hanging light walking out after that stare down and got knocked out cold. Hope he's ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.