The Boxing thread

Yeah this weekend there was some good fights Loma is in a league of his own and his easy win over Crolla was predictable. Still want to see him in with Mikey Garica. Think Garcia will cause him some problems. The fight will be more competitive in my opinion than the Crolla fight.
Got to feel sorry for Dennis Hogan fighting in Mexico for WBO Super Wealterweight title watched the fight against Munguia and the lad was robbed on the judges cards. Out boxed the hometown favourite yet lost it on the cards. Even the commentators said it was a poor decision gone against him. Hopefully he gets the rematch at a neutral venue and he wins the World title.

As for future fights 2 weeks time a big 1 in Super Bamtamweight TJ Doheny v Daniel Roman in a unification fight TJ Doheny on the road again after winning the World Title in Japan I wouldnt put it past TJ to beat Roman in his back yard. TJ reminds me a bit of Scott Harrison strong as a ox and with power and good technical skills. Get your money on TJ.
Does have the makings of a terrific fight

Isn’t the ‘B sample’ just taken at same time and just double checking the first one? So a first positive basically would be >99% to be the same result?

From what I’ve read he’s actually failed a second drug test that was taken a few days ago, I haven’t seen an announcement about the b test yet.

The daft twat.

Just read that the substance found in Miller's blood was not steroids, yet so many boxers and promoters seem to think it is. I myself was thinking it was steroids, the way it was reported.

The substance was PPAR which can help with endurance, so more cardio or weights reps... it might have even been a supplement he was taking that had it in. I think we need to distinguish steroids from substances like this, as people are using words like "dangerous" or "could kill someone", when the language should be cheating ****, or corner cutter. Boxing is a dangerous sport to begin with but I believe what he's done here is stupid not dangerous, probably trying to shed weight for the big occasion. He could have done the same without it, with the right attitude is the difference.

Why would he risk the biggest fight of his career for something like that? If it was in something he'd taken without knowing then his team have let him down, which is an even bigger shame.

Seems like AJ wants Ortiz as the first choice replacement which could be interesting. I actually think he might be harder to beat than the Ortiz Wilder faced if that does happen, he wont make the same mistakes.

It might not give him power directly but if it enables him to be in the gym longer, lift more weights, improve his stamina in training and on fight night it is still dangerous. If AJ is totally clean, as I believe he is as he’s the most tested boxer out there, you just wouldn’t risk going in with someone that could gain an advantage after everything he’s built.

It might not give him power directly but if it enables him to be in the gym longer, lift more weights, improve his stamina in training and on fight night it is still dangerous. If AJ is totally clean, as I believe he is as he’s the most tested boxer out there, you just wouldn’t risk going in with someone that could gain an advantage after everything he’s built.
Yes(ok perhaps I should have said the levels of danger are far apart?) as I said that's still different to steroids. He could have done the same without it and lets not pretend boxing isn't dangerous in it's nature.. what steroids do is different gravy, far more dangerous.

I'm not saying let him off the hook but there should be a distinction at least, as in those caught doing steriods do need more stick than guys like this. Still a cheat though by the looks of it but there should be a way back after he's served his ban.

I do agree when it comes to title shots he's blown it, I wouldn't blame anyone for avoiding him, unless he ramps up the testing to remove any doubts.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.