The Boxing thread

Great performance by both fighters. I don't think Luke will have many regrets looking back, thought the score cards were a little harsh on him but everyone will look back at that as a surprisingly competitive match. Refreshing to see someone not just trying to last the distance with Loma.

Last edited:
I really thought Luke would of done him tonight,but like usyk how the fuck do you beat these Ukraineians wow something special.

Never seen a fighter like Lomachenko

mentally exhausted just watching him!

Credit to Luke as he did really well and will no doubt come again

But Lomachenko is on a different level, I was memorized with his constant movement and footwork, them little changes in angle coming forward is unbelievable as well as he's speed and accuracy

Without a doubt 1 of the best ever!!!

This is how good loma is that probably the best amateur and also a future world champion in Luke Campbell was happy to walk away with basically surviving and getting the odd shot that troubled lomachenko. 3 times in the fight Campbell was on the verge of going and at one point even loma actually stopped his attack to let the round finish . We have just witnessed maybe one of the top 3 greatest fighters ever . I thought that the scorecards were right as in my eyes apart from maybe the first round every round he lost. The only way that he could get beat his moving up the divisions or if and it’s a massive if inoue comes up and they fight which is no guarantee. I also thought Charlie Edwards was blown away by the Mexican and was very lucky to get a no contest . He will duck Martinez now by moving up

Darren Barker said the other day that Lomachenko had ‘mastered’ boxing. Think that sums him up best and puts him in the top 5 all time.

I thought Campbell won a couple of rounds and obviously carried enough power to ward off Loma. In fact it was probably the punch in the first round that got him through the fight - it was a corker, perfectly timed and placed on his temple and would have knocked down mere mortals.

I’ve loved the British fans reactions to Usyk and Loma, absolute adoration. Can’t wait to see Usyk really get cracking in the hw division.

Biggest thing that stood out for me about Lomachenko last night aside from the movement and feints that have already been mentioned, was every time Campbell produced some good work to put his nose in front in the fight, Loma answered more or less straight away. He did not allow Campbell any free success at all without having his own price to pay.
I picked Loma on points in my acca because Campbell is super skilful and so rangey for the weight, a real clever fighter as well so I did believe that Loma would have to respect what he was up against. I think Loma dealt with him perfectly over 12 rounds though. Picked his moments when to put his foot on the gas and when to box on the outside a little more circumspect. It's a huge credit to Campbell that Loma fought like that because we have become so used to Loma embarrassing high level guys into quitting halfway through a fight. As much props as Campbell gets for his showing (and he would have beaten most other fighters last night with that performance), Loma should be lauded for recognising what he was in there with and producing pretty much the complete 12 round performance.

Great fight between a true world class fighter, and a guy more or less in a league of his own just now.

Biggest thing that stood out for me about Lomachenko last night aside from the movement and feints that have already been mentioned, was every time Campbell produced some good work to put his nose in front in the fight, Loma answered more or less straight away. He did not allow Campbell any free success at all without having his own price to pay.
I picked Loma on points in my acca because Campbell is super skilful and so rangey for the weight, a real clever fighter as well so I did believe that Loma would have to respect what he was up against. I think Loma dealt with him perfectly over 12 rounds though. Picked his moments when to put his foot on the gas and when to box on the outside a little more circumspect. It's a huge credit to Campbell that Loma fought like that because we have become so used to Loma embarrassing high level guys into quitting halfway through a fight. As much props as Campbell gets for his showing (and he would have beaten most other fighters last night with that performance), Loma should be lauded for recognising what he was in there with and producing pretty much the complete 12 round performance.

Great fight between a true world class fighter, and a guy more or less in a league of his own just now.
Brilliant account of a fantastic fight and a truly all time great .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.