The Boxing thread

He beat Wilder twice, who regardless of boxing 'ability' was the longest defending champion in history ffs.... That is not an easy fight.

A per my previous post if you want to believe than he won both fights that's up to you, however, professional judges thought otherwise. You also have to bear in mind that he was put flat on his arse twice and was 2 seconds away from being back on the coke and booze.

Im not saying it was an easy fight but there's a reason why the Americans are not really fussed over him and that's because he's fought glorified doorman and guys who are past it. H was a fake champion who got exposed the second he came up against a decent fighter.

Zzzzz Aj is a media trained overhyped cashcow lauded by the british press ...bit like man u he has cherry picked his way thru his fights and often gets wobbled he fought an old vlad and was given his belt by default from diver charles martin. Nearly lost against D whyte and got battered by tubbs ruiz jr
Hes not in the same class as Fury
And his performance in the US was a pr disaster he doesnt have the mental capacity to deal with Fury and you will see this so called gentleman of the sport crack under the mind games Fury plays.
Hes an ex drug dealer the golden boy gold medalist in which he lost btw but it was the London games so he got it given to him (fixed) and managed very well by another greedy promoter and charlatan in dodgy Hearn.
Aj should not be a contender for Furys
crown he needs to fight Whyte or Usyk even Chissora he wont tho because he avoids these fights
Yes hes got the three belts whoop de doo.
He has capatlised on Furys downfall very well but i dont buy him as a fighter a robotic frank bruno style comes to mind. Hes not clean either look at his weight up n down hmm steds id say yes hes small bloke so much like wilder Hed have to pile it back on to match Fury.
For me Aj is a bit like Wilder who when bullied will go down ....and Fury doesnt need Aj to prove anything...its the fight the Uk wants to see granted.
Fury is levels above them all in my opinion and if the fight does take place he will rightfully claim his belts back this time and nobody can rob him of his true status not the commision or refs, judges.
Cant wait to see him go up and get the SPOTY bbc award in December
AJs loss has demoted his status as the chosen one its Fury who is taking all the limelight from him and rightfully so. All hail the GypsyKing!
Utter fanboy bullshit that from start to finish. The strongest boxing resume at heavyweight is a cherry picker? Hahaha there's not a boxing expert out there that will agree with that, even those with links to matchroom rivals.

A per my previous post if you want to believe than he won both fights that's up to you, however, professional judges thought otherwise. You also have to bear in mind that he was put flat on his arse twice and was 2 seconds away from being back on the coke and booze.

Winning 2 rounds, is not "winning the fight". 1 judge thought he won, 1 judge thought it was a draw and 1 thought Wilder won.Regardless of what the 2 incorrect judges thought, most experts and well regarded ex pros all thought Fury won.

Utter fanboy bullshit that from start to finish. The strongest boxing resume at heavyweight is a cherry picker? Hahaha there's not a boxing expert out there that will agree with that, even those with links to matchroom rivals.

Agree

The AJ Klitschko fight was a much better contest and AJ beat a much fitter and better prepared Klitschko than Fury who got lucky and fought him when he was clearly in the worst shape of his career.

Really hope that they get the fight on quickly as there is only one way this gets settled.

Agree

The AJ Klitschko fight was a much better contest and AJ beat a much fitter and better prepared Klitschko than Fury who got lucky and fought him when he was clearly in the worst shape of his career.

Really hope that they get the fight on quickly as there is only one way this gets settled.
Yeah not to take anything away from Fury's win against Wlad because it wasn't easy to do what he did, I think only Fury could pull off a gameplan like that. However I think Klitschko got complacent and I think Fury avoided the rematch personally. Wlad hadn't tasted defeat in ages but always came back strong from any loss. He looked so mad at the Fury vs Wlad 2 press conference(people forget there was one). It wasn't just that he got beat in frustrating fashion, or that he was mad at himself not getting his hands going. I think he'd got wind of Fury's failed drug test that was taken before the fight. Which alot of people are unaware of, which shows how good a job they did of keeping that under wraps. Credit to Wlad for not making a deal of it really, he just wanted the rematch and was denied his chance at revenge.

He was very sharp and determined to prove a point vs AJ. How anyone can look at that performance just a year and half later and claim "ah but he was old and finished mentally when AJ fought him" I don't know. They seem out of tune with reality. He looked better than he had done in a long time to me. He wasn't always boring to watch, 53KOs is better than a lot of all time greats and it's not like he avoided anyone. It's just that the competition was nowhere near him for a long time until Fury.

I'm not saying AJ beats Fury because I really don't know but the disrespect to AJ is getting ridiculous. There's people making excuses for Fury not needing to fight AJ, because Fury and team have been making that excuse already. I just hope it's all to get a better split rather than a sign that they will deny boxing fans what needs to happen.

Last edited:
Yeah not to take anything away from Fury's win against Wlad because it wasn't easy to do what he did, I think only Fury could pull off a gameplan like that. However I think Klitschko got complacent and I think Fury avoided the rematch personally. Wlad hadn't tasted defeat in ages but always came back strong from any loss. He looked so mad at the Fury vs Wlad 2 press conference(people forget there was one). It wasn't just that he got beat in frustrating fashion, or that he was mad at himself not getting his hands going. I think he'd got wind of Fury's failed drug test that was taken before the fight. Which alot of people are unaware of, which shows how good a job they did of keeping that under wraps. Credit to Wlad for not making a deal of it really, he just wanted the rematch and was denied his chance at revenge.

He was very sharp and determined to prove a point vs AJ. How anyone can look at that performance just a year and half later and claim "ah but he was old and finished mentally when AJ fought him" I don't know. They seem out of tune with reality. He looked better than he had done in a long time to me. He wasn't always boring to watch, 53KOs is better than a lot of all time greats and it's not like he avoided anyone. It's just that the competition was nowhere near him for a long time until Fury.

I'm not saying AJ beats Fury because I really don't know but the disrespect to AJ is getting ridiculous. There's people making excuses for Fury not needing to fight AJ, because Fury and team have been making that excuse already. I just hope it's all to get a better split rather than a sign that they will deny boxing fans what needs to happen.

Complacency was definitely an issue when Klitschko lost to Fury. Klitschko deserved a rematch but Fury went on a bender instead - not really a good ending to Klischkos reign as he was one of the greats. You could tell he wanted to make amends in the AJ fight - that was brutal with two big guys in great shape. The heavyweight contest of the last 5 years, maybe 10.

Winning 2 rounds, is not "winning the fight". 1 judge thought he won, 1 judge thought it was a draw and 1 thought Wilder won.Regardless of what the 2 incorrect judges thought, most experts and well regarded ex pros all thought Fury won.

Yes they did. He clearly won the first fight in the eyes of most observers which is why the rematch was inevitable. This time, he left no room for doubt and utterly dominated the fight against a dangerous, if somewhat limited champion. Factually, he had the highest knockout percentage of any heavyweight champion and, as he showed in the first fight, is a thunderous puncher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.