The Boxing thread

Jeez some people are very hard to please, Kovalev Smith Saunders and plant are all world class operators and a couple are devastating punchers

he is someone who has basically mastered his art and yes is genetically lucky with his chin

that people want to use he lost to Mayweather when he was what 22/23 at the time against someone who may be the best to ever lace them up and was a fully developed man with 15 years experience against elite fighters, nah that’s a bit lame

the man is awesome and there’s nobody out there that can beat him

Jeez some people are very hard to please, Kovalev Smith Saunders and plant are all world class operators and a couple are devastating punchers

he is someone who has basically mastered his art and yes is genetically lucky with his chin

that people want to use he lost to Mayweather when he was what 22/23 at the time against someone who may be the best to ever lace them up and was a fully developed man with 15 years experience against elite fighters, nah that’s a bit lame

the man is awesome and there’s nobody out there that can beat him
You are all right on the Mayweather thing. Floyd jnr made so many terrific fighters appear so average and into a plodder (I'm thinking about the likes of Marquez - absolutely brilliant fighter, made to look so mediocre that it was hard to watch).

The Mayweather defeat doesn't limit how good Canelo is, it just heightens how good Floyd was.

Canelo is an outstanding fighter. The ability to be / appear the aggressor, standing right in front of his opponents whilst being not far off completely evasive and defensively sound is a wonderful trait to have..............

You are all right on the Mayweather thing. Floyd jnr made so many terrific fighters appear so average and into a plodder (I'm thinking about the likes of Marquez - absolutely brilliant fighter, made to look so mediocre that it was hard to watch).

The Mayweather defeat doesn't limit how good Canelo is, it just heightens how good Floyd was.
Well this was my point though. I think it's been misinterpreted (and will continue to be likely..) but I'm not arguing against Canelo being a great fighter. I've stated in BOTH my posts that I think he's likely the best on the planet right now. His ability to combine persistent aggression with complete evasiveness has a sight to behold the past 3 years.

But the original question was whether he's an all time great. Mayweather was an all time great. I just don't put Canelo in that same bracket with him. That's it. No mas.

It would be good to see him move up to LHW to fight the other Russian.

Not a hope in hell though.

Well this was my point though. I think it's been misinterpreted (and will continue to be likely..) but I'm not arguing against Canelo being a great fighter. I've stated in BOTH my posts that I think he's likely the best on the planet right now. His ability to combine persistent aggression with complete evasiveness has a sight to behold the past 3 years.

But the original question was whether he's an all time great. Mayweather was an all time great. I just don't put Canelo in that same bracket with him. That's it. No mas.
Wasn't digging at you to be fair @mccity , but I would probably have them both down as all time greats..........

Kid Galahad brutally KO’d there by Martinez.
Bad night for the Sheffield Fighters.
Always been a huge fan of Martinez. Fought everybody, ducked nobody, travelled everywhere, been on the end of some iffy decisions and as brave and game as they come. Never been convinced by Galahad but maybe that’s because I’m not a huge fan of the Ingle stable style. Knockdown and the KO were brutal

Always been a huge fan of Martinez. Fought everybody, ducked nobody, travelled everywhere, been on the end of some iffy decisions and as brave and game as they come. Never been convinced by Galahad but maybe that’s because I’m not a huge fan of the Ingle stable style. Knockdown and the KO were brutal

glsd the drug cheat got beat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.