The Boxing thread

This is quite interesting...

<a class="postlink" href="http://ringsidereport.com/?p=5280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ringsidereport.com/?p=5280</a>

Basically it says Freddie Roach had to stop sparring between Amir Khan and Manny Pacquiao, because Khan battered the living piss out of him and then badly hurt him with a shot. Sparring was stopped after just 3 rounds.

It could be bullshit, but there are whispers of Pacquiao not being 'on it' in training. Margarito isn't the type of person you can take lightly.

Ono I wouldnt say the report was bullshit. I have said about Pac that since the so called drugs cheating when the first fight with Money broke down since that Pac has looked a shadow of himself. Maybe Moneys team were right about Pac taking stuff because no matter what people say when you go up the weights your Ko power may go up to 1 division maybe 2 but Pac has been sparking people out for fun at whatever weight division he was fighting in. Until the rumours came out and his preformace in his last fight it seemed like his power was gone still blessed with quick hands. It wont shock me if he retires either after this fight and goes into politics full time.

leighton said:
Ono I wouldnt say the report was bullshit. I have said about Pac that since the so called drugs cheating when the first fight with Money broke down since that Pac has looked a shadow of himself. Maybe Moneys team were right about Pac taking stuff because no matter what people say when you go up the weights your Ko power may go up to 1 division maybe 2 but Pac has been sparking people out for fun at whatever weight division he was fighting in. Until the rumours came out and his preformace in his last fight it seemed like his power was gone still blessed with quick hands. It wont shock me if he retires either after this fight and goes into politics full time.
Yeah think Roach hinted at him doing that. His power doesn't shock me though. It never has. He knocked Diaz out after throwing the kitchen sink at him for the majority of the fight. He hurt Hatton and Cotto when they walked on to shots, thus amplifying the power. Besides, neither Hatton nor Cotto have ever really had granite chins.

It's a complete myth that Hatton's chin is anything other than average, and the myth grew when he beat Kostya Tszyu. I can name at least half a dozen fighters who've had Hatton in pretty big trouble, and that's without mentioning his KO losses.

So what Pacquiao did to those two isn't out of the ordinary imo.

It's hard to show your power against somebody like Clottey because he just covers up and barely throws. Pacquiao's power comes from his speed and accuracy and his knockdowns normally come when his opponent is moving forwards. Clottey never really did that.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:02 pm --<br /><br />Thought i'd add this genius of a video. It's Tyson Fury's post fight interview after he beat John McDermott. It's fucking legendary. Haha

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,13273_6230502,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0, ... 02,00.html</a>

You have to watch it. Hahahahaha

Tyson Fury is always 1 that you get the odd laugh at watching from punching himself in a fight to crying like a big baby.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM[/youtube]

He is related to Andy Lee the Irish Middleweight fighter who has been sparking people out back in the US again. They were looking at trying to get a Lee v Barker fight going before Macklin stepped back down to European level. Honestly feel that both Lee and Macklin could end up winning world titles at Middleweight. I can imagine a packed out o2 for a big unification fight between 2 Irish men for a World titles that would be mint.

leighton said:
Tyson Fury is always 1 that you get the odd laugh at watching from punching himself in a fight to crying like a big baby.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM[/youtube]

He is related to Andy Lee the Irish Middleweight fighter who has been sparking people out back in the US again. They were looking at trying to get a Lee v Barker fight going before Macklin stepped back down to European level. Honestly feel that both Lee and Macklin could end up winning world titles at Middleweight. I can imagine a packed out o2 for a big unification fight between 2 Irish men for a World titles that would be mint.
I remember the 'self punch'. It was quality.

I was very impressed everytime i saw Andy Lee until he fought Bryan Vera. He got into a war with him, but the stoppage was a more than a little premature if i remember correctly. He was on his feet and he fired back with a punch as the ref jumped in. If he sticks to his boxing he can go a long way. He has talent.

ono,just want to no who you think would win between amir and murray. i personally think murray would wipe the floor with him and thats just not because hes a blue. i have been lucky enough to speak to a lot off the camp and think they really no there stuff.p.s tyson furys family are mad as!!!

n reddish blue said:
ono,just want to no who you think would win between amir and murray. i personally think murray would wipe the floor with him and thats just not because hes a blue. i have been lucky enough to speak to a lot off the camp and think they really no there stuff.p.s tyson furys family are mad as!!!
Honestly mate, i think Khan would beat him fairly easily. I like Murray a lot but he's regressed imo. It's not his fault, he's promoted really badly and the level of competition is poor and has been for ages.

Khan can match his volume fairly easily, and he's much faster and stronger. Khan's a big light-welterweight despite only moving up around 18 months ago. He'll probably end up at light-middle when he peaks. Murray's a good fighter, but to beat Khan you either need to have excellent variety or you need to pack a knock-out punch and hope you get lucky. Murray doesn't really have either. I'd put Murray on a par with Kevin Mitchell in terms of ability. He could win a world title at some point but i can't see him ever dominating a division, although i would like to be wrong on that.

Roach is developing an excellent style which is hard to beat because it relies on volume and hand speed. That's why Pacquiao is so good. Joe Calzaghe was also unbeaten with that style, although Pacquaio is obviously a better fighter than Calzaghe.

The only problem i see with Khan is his chin. It might be a little more solid now he isn't struggling with the weight like he was at 135, but nobody really knows until he gets tagged again.

So for me 9 times out of 10, Khan beats Murray fairly handily. Khan's vastly under-rated by a lot of British fight fans. I think he's less of a gobshite than Haye, Froch and Calzaghe aswell, so i do struggle to see why the majority seem to hope he gets knocked out. I don't even buy the 'lack of quality opposition' theory. There aren't many, if any, other 23 year old fighters with a better resume in world boxing. I was inclined to believe Koki Kameda and Devon Alexander ran him close, but Komeda lost in his title fight (although he was a little unlucky), and Alexander struggled very badly with Kotelnik, who Khan wiped the floor with last year.

ono said:
n reddish blue said:
Honestly mate, i think Khan would beat him fairly easily. I like Murray a lot but he's regressed imo. It's not his fault, he's promoted really badly and the level of competition is poor and has been for ages.

Khan can match his volume fairly easily, and he's much faster and stronger. Khan's a big light-welterweight despite only moving up around 18 months ago. He'll probably end up at light-middle when he peaks. Murray's a good fighter, but to beat Khan you either need to have excellent variety or you need to pack a knock-out punch and hope you get lucky. Murray doesn't really have either. I'd put Murray on a par with Kevin Mitchell in terms of ability. He could win a world title at some point but i can't see him ever dominating a division, although i would like to be wrong on that.

Roach is developing an excellent style which is hard to beat because it relies on volume and hand speed. That's why Pacquiao is so good. Joe Calzaghe was also unbeaten with that style, although Pacquaio is obviously a better fighter than Calzaghe.

The only problem i see with Khan is his chin. It might be a little more solid now he isn't struggling with the weight like he was at 135, but nobody really knows until he gets tagged again.

So for me 9 times out of 10, Khan beats Murray fairly handily. Khan's vastly under-rated by a lot of British fight fans. I think he's less of a gobshite than Haye, Froch and Calzaghe aswell, so i do struggle to see why the majority seem to hope he gets knocked out. I don't even buy the 'lack of quality opposition' theory. There aren't many, if any, other 23 year old fighters with a better resume in world boxing. I was inclined to believe Koki Kameda and Devon Alexander ran him close, but Komeda lost in his title fight (although he was a little unlucky), and Alexander struggled very badly with Kotelnik, who Khan wiped the floor with last year.
ono i totally respect your view because you obviously no your stuff,i just think he would be strong enough and amir who i do like wouldnt be able to take johns power punch.

Ono Andy I rate highly. He has the punches and combinations to cause some problems in the Middleweight division. Time will tell if he goes all of the way seems that he will be trying to get a fight on the German undercard of Klitschko v Del Boy if he can then next year rumours are that Duddy v Lee in New York will be made for maybe March next year around Paddys day are the plans.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcwrwy96nlo[/youtube]
Best of Andy Lee here I am on this clip as well sitting ringside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.