The Boxing thread

Great KO but I doubt AJ will ever meet another opponent who’s as wide open as last night.
Not sure who the defensive coach was in his corner but I’d be tempted to change him if staying around in boxing.
Not that I do expect him to carry on. Had his fun, earnt big dough, so should sail off into the sunset and enjoy his riches.

Didn't bother staying up for it in the end (fell asleep, to be honest). Just seen the KO on twitter. Wow. Like a tree being felled, or a tall building being demolished by explosives. And that was the same guy who was cheated out of the decision against Fury? Yet people on here reckon Fury is a better boxer than Joshua?

It doesn’t work like that though

Frazier & Norton beat Ali, Foreman destroyed Frazier & Norton, Ali beat Forenan

1 of thousands of Examples

That's fair enough. They are two different skill sets.

However, I like MMA cos it's closest to a street fight, so much more applicable to the Human form in distress.

I appreciate the skill they must have and the dedication they put in to learn the grappling but as someone who doesn’t understand what’s going on once grappling I just find it boring once they’re on the floor

Comeback to that when (if) AJ v Fury fight. Will be one of the biggest boxing events ever, even one of the biggest sporting events ever.
More chance of Logan Paul v Oascar Pistorious in Saudi Arabia than AJ v Fury unfortunately.

That fight will never happen.

Plus Usyk is going to school that **** Fury.

More chance of Logan Paul v Oascar Pistorious in Saudi Arabia than AJ v Fury unfortunately.

That fight will never happen.

Plus Usyk is going to school that **** Fury.

Possibly but everyone knocking the boxers of today - in 10 years or so people will look back at Usyk/AJ/Fury/Parker/Wilder as a golden generation

Possibly but everyone knocking the boxers of today - in 10 years or so people will look back at Usyk/AJ/Fury/Parker/Wilder as a golden generation
You said that already. Sometimes golden generations are just that and not every generation has them.
I don’t think you can define this era as such, certainly not if the 5 you mention are your benchmark.

The problem with the current generation is they are so in consistent. Fury possibly the best but what an idiot he is and he should have lost the wilder fight. I hope Usyk beats him as it will be good for boxing.

Compare to the likes of Lewis, Holyfeild, Tyson. They would not have risen to the top in those eras. So many good fighters if you had an of night you would lose and you might never get back. This lot have all had numerous bad fights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.