The Boxing thread

There is little point in a trilogy fight, IMO.
I didn't think last night was that close - I had him winning by 4 - and the last fight should have been his too.
Jack should try and win the world title that should have been his. He will be a tough man to beat.
Pointless trilogy fight as you say, he should try and win a title that he deserved two years ago and fuck Taylor unless it’s in his contract. Another fight would not tell us anything. Trilogy fights seem to be all the rage now and it’s robbing fight fans of proper fights by peddling the same thing over and over again

I'd gladly see a third fight. Its 1 each and the second fight was a great watch. I'd like it to be a defence of whatever world title catterall can get his hands on though

Looks like Usyk v Fury is on again, December 21st, then no doubt rigged to make sure there is a 3rd fight.

Hopefully Usyk wins again to make Fury hang up his gloves once and for all, (for the 4th time)

Looks like Usyk v Fury is on again, December 21st, then no doubt rigged to make sure there is a 3rd fight.

Hopefully Usyk wins again to make Fury hang up his gloves once and for all, (for the 4th time)
I’m starting to get a bit disillusioned with boxing as it seems to be getting more corrupt by the fight. Who wants to see trilogy after trilogy, we want the best fighters fighting each other. I know UFC has its faults but nobody dodges each other

I’m starting to get a bit disillusioned with boxing as it seems to be getting more corrupt by the fight. Who wants to see trilogy after trilogy, we want the best fighters fighting each other. I know UFC has its faults but nobody dodges each other

I agree mate, the heavyweight division is as it always has been a bit of a joke, the truth is Fury should have fought Joshua by now, the fight the public wanted and no reason why it didn't happen, both say that the other "ran away" but they have both pissed off the British boxing fan at least.

Trilogies are shit

I have told you 3 times it's not all about the money.

Just most of it :)

I'm still not sure a third fight makes as much money as Joshua vs Fury even on the back of back to back defeats for Fury

I don't necessarily agree nobody dodges anybody in the UFC. Jon Jones is doing his level best with Aspinall. Only finally moved up to heavyweight after Ngannou left the scene too. It's certainly harder to do though and is one of the reasons I started watching it more regularly.

With only the one belt to fight for unless you're one of Dana's golden eggs I.e McNugget or Jones you will constantly be challenged and not gifted easy fights. Not like boxing when you claim one of the four more meaningful belts and then sit on it claiming to be the best without fighting any relevant challengers. Fury had the WBC belt for 4 years and had ONE mandatory defence. Ridiculous.

Wilder to beat Zhang tonight in 3 rounds by knockout. Tyson and the you tube fella is never going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.