The Boxing thread

Froch's easily top 10 p4p for me now.

If Martinez can get in the top 6 for wins over Pavlik and Cintron, Froch definitely deserves to be up there. Wins over Abraham, Dirrell, Pascal and Taylor is quite frankly amazing. Daft as it sounds i think i even had him nicking the Kessler fight.

That fight reminded me of Calzaghe V Jeff Lacy. Joe put on a masterclass that night and tonight Froch put on his masterclass.
I honestly think Froch would be a superstar if he had a better promotor. His last 5 fights were against top class fighters and he only lost once. He should be a household name like Haye and Khan yet none of the casual boxing fans know of him. By far the best British fighter out there at the moment. He can box he can bang he is what SKY should be showing yet they couldnt be arsed showing his fights and they have missed out on some wars in the last couple of fights. I honestly think after the defeat he had he has come back stronger and I would think he will go on and win the Super 6.

ono said:
Froch's easily top 10 p4p for me now.

If Martinez can get in the top 6 for wins over Pavlik and Cintron, Froch definitely deserves to be up there. Wins over Abraham, Dirrell, Pascal and Taylor is quite frankly amazing. Daft as it sounds i think i even had him nicking the Kessler fight.
Agreed. Brilliant performance that, him vs Ward is an interesting fight should they both get to the final.

leighton said:
That fight reminded me of Calzaghe V Jeff Lacy. Joe put on a masterclass that night and tonight Froch put on his masterclass.
I honestly think Froch would be a superstar if he had a better promotor. His last 5 fights were against top class fighters and he only lost once. He should be a household name like Haye and Khan yet none of the casual boxing fans know of him. By far the best British fighter out there at the moment. He can box he can bang he is what SKY should be showing yet they couldnt be arsed showing his fights and they have missed out on some wars in the last couple of fights. I honestly think after the defeat he had he has come back stronger and I would think he will go on and win the Super 6.
I agree about Sky, how easily they could've just got the rights to the super 6 tourney. It's a shame for Froch really, no-one over here outside the hardcores has a clue who he is.

I'm not sure about him being best British boxer though, I think I rate Khan a little higher. It's a close one though.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Completely agree Leighton something wrong when Sky would rather have Matthew Hatton live than Carl Froch or Michael Katsidis/JMM.

Sky have gone shit when it comes to boxing. They will push the likes of Haye and to some extent Khan as there PPV stars but I wouldnt think Khan would get big numbers. Then you have fat Frank Warren who seems certain to get his money worth with his PPVs yet he doesnt have the fighters of Naz standard were people will splash the cash to see it.

They have lost interest in the US boxing no point getting on to them about it they wont be bothered only if it is Pacman. Some great fights they are missing out showing that are better to some of the cards they do show. Even if they were to pick up the American coverage it would cut down there costs to show those fights instead of sending over there commentators. When Setanta was about they tried to show as much US shows about and Sky showed some as well since Setanta left Sky cant be arsed. Would of loved it if ESPN would show some fights instead of the shit they show at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.