The Boxing thread

Sorry to intrude, has anyone here bought and filled and heavy bag? If so, advise please, on brand, where from and what/how you filled it.

Crolla and Linares should be a great fight, hopefully turbo is next up. Think Hylands in with a shout a Warrington, will be a good test. Got Frampton tkts yesterday paid $99 each, cheapest were $75.

Great value for the tickets for the Frampton fight. So thats what give or take £60 a ticket if not a little more. Yeah think Hyland is so under rated its so bad he aint professional which is mad no one backing him. IF there was I would say he would be a World champion. If he could commit fully to the sport.

Sorry to intrude, has anyone here bought and filled and heavy bag? If so, advise please, on brand, where from and what/how you filled it.

Were you putting the heavy bag and who is it for. As the options now are great. Go to some of the local gyms see if they can get you something cheap. I like some of the freestanding bags now as you can do all with them including MMA stuff more easier compared to the bag hanging on the walls. If your getting into it big time get in a speed ball too there great for timing. Or just save the money and head over to the local gym to hit the bags for a fraction of the price to see if you really want it in the house if you will use it.

Were you putting the heavy bag and who is it for. As the options now are great. Go to some of the local gyms see if they can get you something cheap. I like some of the freestanding bags now as you can do all with them including MMA stuff more easier compared to the bag hanging on the walls. If your getting into it big time get in a speed ball too there great for timing. Or just save the money and head over to the local gym to hit the bags for a fraction of the price to see if you really want it in the house if you will use it.

It's going in a garage, can hang it from the joists. doing it at home will be cheaper than what I've been paying at the gym, over time.

RDX bags are tidy enough, we've got a few in our gym and they've lasted a good couple of years with daily use.

Cheap too, can generally pick them up for £40 or less on eBay with a few goodies with them like skipping rope, key ring, poor hand by gloves etc.

Only thing I can think is they won't be heavy enough for you if hanging from the rafters

RDX bags are tidy enough, we've got a few in our gym and they've lasted a good couple of years with daily use.

Cheap too, can generally pick them up for £40 or less on eBay with a few goodies with them like skipping rope, key ring, poor hand by gloves etc.

Only thing I can think is they won't be heavy enough for you if hanging from the rafters
Thanks,
Yeah the one I'm used to must be 40-50kg, so looking to at least recreate that using shredded garments with possibly a sand centre.

Saturday 25th ( box office )
Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale
George Groves v Martin Murray
Chris Eubank jnr v Tom Doran
John Wayne Hibbert v Andrea Scarpa

Dillian Whyte, Conor Benn & Anthony Ogogo also on the card. No doubt AJ will finish Breazeale early doors. Stand out fight is Groves v Murray, i fancy Groves to win on points, dictating the fight with his jab. Murray is a tough kid and expect him to go the distance. Not sure where the loser goes after this so huge fight for both.

Groves v Murray will be the fight of the night. Groves could end this early. I like how he is with Shane. Think Murray is a warrior but if he gets caught and Groves goes for it he could end it early. Feel it will go to the score cards as Murray is a brave guy.

Tom Doran and CEJ well Doran is a tough fight not elite but he is dangerous can bang a bit and his last fight with Luke Keeler was a classic. I think CEJ wins with a mid round stoppage.

AJ TO WIN by a KO never heard of the guy he is fighting.

Also later that night in the US card looks good on normal Sky Sports
Keith Thurman v Shawn Porter I rate Thurman highly can be the best in this division but its so competitive in it now.

Looks like Golovkin v Eubank Jr could be happening in September.

A lot of people think that CEJ will cause GGG problems but I don't think Eubank has the punching power to put Golovkin on the back foot so I think a mid round stoppage for Golovkin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like Golovkin v Eubank Jr could be happening in September.

A lot of people think that CEJ will cause GGG problems but I don't think Eubank has the punching power to put Golovkin on the back foot so I think a mid round stoppage for Golovkin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Crazy to go after GGG. He could well win a world title. A bad defeat and a really bad one might knock his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.