The Boxing thread

Alvarez fights Chavez jnr tomorrow night in vegas at catchweight. Canelo by stoppage for me.
I've not been watching the buildup but I've heard Canelo is mad as anything at Chavez(his brother lost by KO to Chavez's brother recently, family feud with lots of pride on the line)... could either work for or against him being so fired up. I think Canelo has always been short tempered so I don't think the emotions will affect the fight against him too much(stranger things have happened though), I'd say Canelo by stoppage too but Chavez is the naturally bigger fighter and has a good chin so it may be accumulation that does the job.

I've not been watching the buildup but I've heard Canelo is mad as anything at Chavez(his brother lost by KO to Chavez's brother recently, family feud with lots of pride on the line)... could either work for or against him being so fired up. I think Canelo has always been short tempered so I don't think the emotions will affect the fight against him too much(stranger things have happened though), I'd say Canelo by stoppage too but Chavez is the naturally bigger fighter and has a good chin so it may be accumulation that does the job.

Weight agreed was 164.5 with both fighters having to pay a million dollars for each pound over.

You can't beat a good family feud, our kid got married in vegas it was like shameless in the sun.

Having thought about it I think the feud will probably work in Canelo's favour, his defence is so underrated when people talk about him it's barely mentioned but he's so good at making people miss and picking the right time to make them pay for it.

Parker is surely better than this, I think the pressure to put on a show might have worked against him, he will have been aware he needed to impress to line up some big money fights while the Heavyweight division is buzzing.

Shame that one, Was looking forward to seeing Parker and we would have seen a better fight if he was against fury. Raz showed he was a sparring partner only and didnt throw anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.