The Boxing thread

Boxing is now on the same level as WWE.

Boxing = WWE
Totally agree. It wasn't good for boxing at all. Don't suppose mayweather gives a shit though as long as he gets his money.

It's a shame the state boxing is in right now. Joshua is a breath of fresh air to the heavyweight division but it's a sorry state.

He's not a boxer.

Would be the same if a boxer tried MMA, they aren't a mixed martial artist so will look bad.

If a boxer lasted 4 rounds in the UFC against an all time great though I'd give him credit.
It all depends on whether that UFC great gave him a break and did fuck all for the first 3 rounds so the people paying would be happy.

If macgegor went up against a hungry challenger in the same weight class he would have been destroyed in one round.

Agree with the WWE sentiments, from the 'press tour' (like WWE cutting promos, building up the feud) to the event itself, wouldn't be surprised to learn that the outcome was decided from the get-go. Both earn a wedge, Floyd pays his debts and rides of into the sunset, Conor comes out with some kudos for lasting 10 rounds, and shows himself to be a potentially massive draw for both UFC and boxing. Dana White (playing the Vince McMahon role) earns a shitload too.

Agree with the WWE sentiments, from the 'press tour' (like WWE cutting promos, building up the feud) to the event itself, wouldn't be surprised to learn that the outcome was decided from the get-go. Both earn a wedge, Floyd pays his debts and rides of into the sunset, Conor comes out with some kudos for lasting 10 rounds, and shows himself to be a potentially massive draw for both UFC and boxing. Dana White (playing the Vince McMahon role) earns a shitload too.
He already did that one...

It all depends on whether that UFC great gave him a break and did fuck all for the first 3 rounds so the people paying would be happy.

If macgegor went up against a hungry challenger in the same weight class he would have been destroyed in one round.

No one is doubting that because, again, he isn't a boxer.

It was a sports spectacle.

Well lets get this tread back onto the boxing topic not the McGregor and Mayweather fight again.

Little bits of news Frampton will be getting trained by Jamie Moore now. Not too sure what I see in that move Moore is a decent trainer but by no means a elite top level trainer. So bit of a surprise decision to go with Moore when there were more than likely better options for him out there. With him sorting out his trainer he will no doubt be trying to sort out a deal next with either Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren. He gave his reasons why he split from Barry saying that he only moved on from McGugian so he can get the big fights. This will be his last major deal he can sign. Saying he wants the big fights. So if that means he goes to the US full time or get back with Matchroom which wouldnt shock me. I honestly think he gets in with Matchroom again he could be fighing on the card in Belfast in a few weeks time. That card is looking good at the moment.

AJ V Pulev honestly dont know what to say the PPV for this fight is a scandal. His only PPV fights are Tyson Fury , Joe Parker and Wilder now fighting a mandatory is not PPV standard or worthy. I do wonder what and why some people buy the AJ PPVs now. The card will want to be stacked to make this a worthwhile buy.

At least this month there is a few really good fights on. The card this weekend from America has the 2 Super Flyweight champions fighting and they are up against really good fighters this could well be a great night of fast paced action.
Then you got GGG V Canelo in 2 weeks time that will be a very good fight.
Finally Linares v Luke Campbell I like Luke Campbell a lot rate him extremely highly the guy has the talent and I wouldnt be shocked to see Campbell getting the win out in California.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.