The Boxing thread

Some would always side with the punches thrown rather than the punches blocked at times. I think Carl gassed a bit in there last night lucky it was only a ten rounder. I have been Carls biggest fan but he is lacking the spark thought a move away would of been good for him but he will have to preform better than that to beat any of the champions. Looking at Selby and others Carls just not got over the defeat he had to Santa Cruz yet. Also first fight in over 9 months doesnt help needs to stay much more active. I know he wants a big fight in Windsor in the Summer. Hopefully have a fight in Feburary a keep busy fight before it or in March.

Thought the score cards were top heavy, had Carl 2 up. Decent start but tired early, still found a way to win against a tough kid. Fitness wise looked a mile off from the LSC fight, no doubt being out dosnt help.
Pleased for Paddy Barnes, Conlon got a lesson but no shame in that.

Thought the score cards were top heavy, had Carl 2 up. Decent start but tired early, still found a way to win against a tough kid. Fitness wise looked a mile off from the LSC fight, no doubt being out dosnt help.
Pleased for Paddy Barnes, Conlon got a lesson but no shame in that.

Yeah seen what Carl said he wanted a test and was happy to clear some of the ring rust but in all honesty the trainers he has been with in the past Gerry Storey and McGugian if he was leaving always thought he would of went to a bigger trainer than Jamie Moore now dont get me wrong Jamie is a good trainer but was he the best available to Carl I doubt it. Sure they always say they need 2 to 3 fights before they gel so there should be improvement next time out.

As for Jamie Conlon no chance he was winning that fight that lad looks like he can bang and will go up the weights in the future is my feeling on him. Paddy Barnes is brilliant love the guy hes a real character is Paddy. Needs to be moved on big time and quickly. Wonder what way Warren will go with him. A fight with Andrew Selby would be great to see they both know each others game inside out but Barnes will have to be moved on quicker and with Warren behind him maybe they can do something there. I cant see him going down the British title route.

Yeah seen what Carl said he wanted a test and was happy to clear some of the ring rust but in all honesty the trainers he has been with in the past Gerry Storey and McGugian if he was leaving always thought he would of went to a bigger trainer than Jamie Moore now dont get me wrong Jamie is a good trainer but was he the best available to Carl I doubt it. Sure they always say they need 2 to 3 fights before they gel so there should be improvement next time out.

As for Jamie Conlon no chance he was winning that fight that lad looks like he can bang and will go up the weights in the future is my feeling on him. Paddy Barnes is brilliant love the guy hes a real character is Paddy. Needs to be moved on big time and quickly. Wonder what way Warren will go with him. A fight with Andrew Selby would be great to see they both know each others game inside out but Barnes will have to be moved on quicker and with Warren behind him maybe they can do something there. I cant see him going down the British title route.

Saw an interview with Carl said he had a few options reg trainers but clicked with Jamie straight off. Early days so hopefully it comes together. I agree thought he'd of gone with a more established trainer but JM knows his stuff.
Respect to the Belfast crowd brilliant atmosphere.

I just wish fury would concentrate on losing 10 stone instead of writing Call out cheques he will never be in a position to cash.. Its it's not even funny now...! He will never make a comeback l, he blew his chance. Hope so as AJ would hurt him very badly .

Saw an interview with Carl said he had a few options reg trainers but clicked with Jamie straight off. Early days so hopefully it comes together. I agree thought he'd of gone with a more established trainer but JM knows his stuff.
Respect to the Belfast crowd brilliant atmosphere.

I know and i seen the same interview with Carl. If they click they click which is great. I hope they will get better and better together and that Carl finds the form sooner or later as his chances of winning another World title is looking harder at the moment. This is crazy for me to think as I have always praised the guy and hes a lovely lad but he is just looking to be coming to an end to me where he may well only have 3 more fights in him. He needs to fight for World titles again as he can get himself up for the fight more so than not but it will be interesting to see what Macklin and Warren do with him.

David Haye Injured again and pulled out of the Bellew rematch, can anyone remember when he wasn't injured either before, during or after a bout, he must be the most accident prone fighter in history..!

Haye for me has nothing more to prove a 2 weight World Champion for me Britians greatest Cruiserweight he was so explosive and still is but sadly his body aint holding up. There is fuck all chance of Bellew beating a fully fit Haye he was having the better of the fight until his injury in the first fight and would of won it for me only for injury. Now another lay off he will hopefully not be out for long and gets the rematch with Bellew but for the life of me too many lay offs is preventing him from winning another World title. Honestly think Haye has the power to beat Parker and win that title. Just needs to stay fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.