The Boxing thread

Just think it will come down to size, Uszek not concussive puncher but with AJs chin which I don’t personally think is that solid it could be interesting but my moneys on AJ

Usyk has enough power to keep anyone honest at HW. He's not knocking people out with one punch but he has enough to stun them and the accuracy to catch them clean repeatedly, if they try and just walk him down. I think he could potentially embarrass Wilder and stop him(overrated chin). I don't think Fury fancies it either.

Even if Usyk loses against AJ, there is no shame in that. I'd still fancy his chances against the rest of the top 10 and would love to see it. Great fighter, likeable personality, will fight anyone, good for the division.

Equally, if Usyk wins, that puts him up there with anyone at HW. I'd still fancy AJ to beat anyone else in the top 10, with Fury the only question mark.

Last edited:
I just can't see usyk winning on points, I reckon he'd have to dominate like calzaghe against lacey to get a draw against hearns judges

I just can't see usyk winning on points, I reckon he'd have to dominate like calzaghe against lacey to get a draw against hearns judges
See what you are saying, I actually think we'll get a clear winner in this fight.

I think it will be blatantly obvious that either Usyk can't bridge the gap in stature (so gets stopped or doesn't lay a glove on him) or I think Usyk makes Joshua look very very mediocre.

I don't think there will be room for controversy in this one.

Cue the draw and a rematch............ ;-)

Usyk is the most talented boxer for his size that I’ve seen in a long time I’d say even better that Tyson fury but it’s if he can take the heavyweight shots which is the only positive joshua has in him because he can’t outbox and outthink usyk and the pace of usyk will give him problems aswell but Joshua does have the firepower to knock usyk out so you never know . Cracking fight and probably Joshua’s hardest fight so far in his career . Hope usyk does it tbh as I’m not a big Joshua fan and I also think that fury could be underestimating wilder this time round as well wonder what the odds are of wilder and usyk being champions by November

Absolutely buzzing for this fight tomorrow, Love watching Usyk he is absolutely phononemial.
It will be interesting to see what happens if Joshua catches him clean to see what chin Usyk has, I fully fancy Usyk tonorrroe night I'm going for a late stoppage rounds 10-12. Usyk could win every round and the judges will fuck him over. Has to be a stoppage.

Glad to see the love for Usyk on here. Anyone who loves boxing must be beguiled by him - one of the most graceful and clinical boxers I’ve ever seen.

Imo a peak Usyk of. 2 or 3 years ago bamboozles AJ, wears him out and stops him late on. The only question for me is whether at 34 and schlepping around 20 pounds more than his peak fighting weight, can he still move with the same fluidity he did at cruiser ? He didn’t look the same against Delboy and Witherspoon but maybe that was due to inactivity or just acclimatising to life as a HW. If he can though I think his angles and feints and tiny little adjustments midfight befuddle Josh and Usyk dances his way to victory.

Should be a great night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.