The Boxing thread

Started to lose interest in boxing when Mayweather and Pac avoided each other in their primes. Joshua will never fight Fury or Wilder now even though we should have seen both fights years ago when the hype was sky high. Something needs to change to stop this from happening.

Part of the problem is they don't fight enough. Ali and co. were doing 3 or 4 fights a year in the 70's.

Now they do 1, maybe 2, sometimes 0.

Some things are so one sided it becomes impossible to fix....IF it had been less one sided AJ would have been given it imo....unfortunately for him, AJ is massively over hyped and closer to Audley Harrison than a top heavyweight.
Reminds me of Audley Harrison actually.

Problem with AJ is he stopped using his power to overwhelm opponents and instead has tried to become a Klitschko and just use power in a jab to keep distance for 12 rounds and win on points or vs rubbish opponents tire them and finish in the late rounds. He's not got the ring smarts or technical arsenal those 2 brothers had though so has and will continue to come undone vs capable fighters.
I'm not even sure AJ could beat Wilder and he can barely box.

He hasn't. Fought people one fight from retirement. Got beat by Luiz who then turned out up for the rematch having eaten all of Vegas.

Tonight he fought a world class boxer in his prime and was found wanting.

I dont know what Fury said. Perhaps neither has Fury. In an actual sport we'll see the winner of Fury v Wilder against Usyk but there'll be rematches and talk and then nothing.
Well if your measuring stick for top class is that, then nobody at HW bar AJ has fought a world class boxer in their prime.

Ruiz Jr is nothing like Usyk either and he got his head boxed off in the the rematch. He would have done coming in at the same weight he was in the first fight. He's never had good footwork, that's how AJ beats him 9-10. I also love how people dismiss the problems AJ had before the first fight and then make excuses for Ruiz Jr who didn't win a single round. Someone from Ruiz Jrs camp(Micheal Hunter) let slip that Ruiz Jr had a great camp missed one day for a cold and that's it. Yet Ruiz Jr and his team made excuses before they even left the ring about that camp.

AJ still beats anyone else in the top 10, the only question mark is Fury. Usyk beats Fury too and I don't see Fury ever taking that fight. Usyk is miles above Fury as a boxer and there's no way Fury stops Usyk... So how does he win that fight? I said before the fight this is lose lose for AJ. If he would have won, they continue to duck AJ and say he just beat a cruiserweight. If he loses AJ is no good all of a sudden, despite still having the best resume at HW.

Last edited:
Problem with AJ is he stopped using his power to overwhelm opponents and instead has tried to become a Klitschko and just use power in a jab to keep distance for 12 rounds and win on points or vs rubbish opponents tire them and finish in the late rounds. He's not got the ring smarts or technical arsenal those 2 brothers had though so has and will continue to come undone vs capable fighters.
I'm not even sure AJ could beat Wilder and he can barely box.

Yeah I used to like watching him fight for his power and knowing he could knock anyone out if he caught them cleanly but somewhere down the line he tried to become a proper boxer and his career has nosedived since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.