The Boxing thread

Don't smoke green no more, but I must confess I vape thc and still get damn pretty high, combined with vodka I might not be the best judge but hey, it was still 8-4 usyk
Nah, you scored it fine, I can see that, you at least highlighted the swing rounds. I couldn't give it 6-6 but I couldn't argue too hard with it, if anyone did score it that way(I thought the judges might do that). Certainly nobody can be surprised at anyone scoring it 7-5 if they know what they are talking about though. Which was my main point.

Last edited:
I'm the very definition of someone who has nothing more than a casual interest in boxing at best, I hold my hands up to that, I'd have no ability to accurately score a fight but I don't need to have any more knowledge to see with my eyes Usyk dominated him and won as comfortably as city dominated chelsea today and took a narrow 1-0 win comfortably. Scorecards might have been close but there was nothing close about that fight.
Well that's a different argument though. I agree the rounds AJ won were not as dominant as the ones Usyk won and Usyk finished the fight much stronger. That's not how to score a fight though. I didn't actually get to see AJ on the ropes in that last round in real time but from the replays, he looked to be spent, while slipping and riding with most of those. Didn't look good though.

Joshua absolutely bang average, lovely to see him shown up.

Got where he is on a mixture of managing who he faces and hyped up marketing.

Usyk and Fury in a different galaxy to him technically, reckon Wilder would KO him too.

LOL

That's just like the empty seats and City are owned by a state mantra. Doesn't stand up to the facts. Not as good as Usyk doesn't = bang average.

He got to where he was by taking risks early to fight the best and learn on the job. There has been no "managing who he faces", if you knew what mandataries are, or who the people are on his resume and how Fury's and especially Wilder's resume pales in comparison, you wouldn't be making that mistake.

Last edited:
Well that's a different argument though. I agree the rounds AJ won were not as dominant as the ones Usyk won and Usyk finished the fight much stronger. That's not how to score a fight though. I didn't actually get to see AJ on the ropes in that last round in real time but from the replays he looked to be spent, while slipping and riding with most of those. Didn't look good though.

Joshua didn't get up off the ropes until the result was read out... Man's not got the engine to try and be outboxing someone like Usyk.

Usyk and Fury in a different galaxy to him technically, reckon Wilder would KO him too.
Bollocks, aj has always fought the best available, can't take that away from him, he has by far the best resume amongst his peers, beaten by the better man tonight which gets huge respect from me because his peers wouldn't have dared take on such a dangerous fight

Bollocks, aj has always fought the best available, can't take that away from him, he has by far the best resume amongst his peers, beaten by the better man tonight which gets huge respect from me because his peers wouldn't have dared take on such a dangerous fight

a blown up cruiser with average KO record would scare Fury but he’s fighting the biggest hitting heavyweight for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks ?

you sure about that ?

AJ loses rematch as well, he did absolutely nothing effective

very worrying McCraken after round 10 saying “ just stay steady behind your jab “

everyone knew he was Mike behind
on the cards and should be getting read the riot act “ you’re gonna lose your title if you don’t knock him out “

AJ not willing to take a couple to get in and make his size count, tried to simply box a better boxer with over 300 amateur fights

dillian Whyte gives Usyk a lot more problems than AJ
I think we will see a sad parting of the ways in the next however long............

Go on then who has he beaten? He beat a finished Klitschko, Joseph Parker on points who is average at best. He lost to Andy Ruiz Jr & then couldn't knock him out in the rematch even though he'd been on a binge in Vegas. Tell me what it is that makes Joshua such a great fighter. He'd lose to Dillian Whyte & struggle against Chisora as he has more heart than Joshua. He is an average fighter accept it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.