The Boxing thread

Awesome Result yes, Top lad? no hes a drug cheat and a rag to boot. The sport is better with having him arround? Sure hes probably the best out there at the moment, but hes at the bottom of a long list of much better all time heavyweights. Not even undisputed. Holding one of four belts.
I agree not even top 10 in the all time greats even though he is a very good boxer but I is do think usyk beats him but we will never know because that fight won’t happen .

Tried to get back to sleep but not a prayer, far too much adrenaline in my body after watching that fight.

One of the greatest fights I’ve ever seen, fantastic.

Fury majestic as usual, and fair fucks to Wilder for lasting that long, although I don’t think he should fight again after the punishment he has taken in his last 2 fights, that’s the kind of shit that leaves lasting scars.

Fury deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the greatest of them all, always hard though to say who would have won those fights with Ali and Iron Mike so no point bothering. One thing for sure though he‘d have given them all a battle.
Getting carried mate because in all honesty he has only beat wilder and klitscko who were champions . You cannot put him anywhere near the likes of Dempsey Marciano Ali Frazier Tyson Holyfield Lewis etc . Tyson fury is a very good fighter but he is no great .

That’s why it’s hard to compare generations, Ali 6/3 wouldnt survive against the big boys nowadays. Like watching the old football games, the defending / technique was shocking but all a bit relative.
Ali would destroy Fury, he fought bigger fighters back in his day. Watch his fights. He was so quick, much quicker than Fury. Far too clever aswel. Mike Tyson was small for a heavyweight but he was a far better fighter than Fury and fought everyone including boxers far bigger aswel. Fury need to become undisputed before he can even be considered alongside any of the greats of boxing.

Getting carried mate because in all honesty he has only beat wilder and klitscko who were champions . You cannot put him anywhere near the likes of Dempsey Marciano Ali Frazier Tyson Holyfield Lewis etc . Tyson fury is a very good fighter but he is no great .
I said deserves to be mentioned, and he does. It’s only yours and anyone else’s opinion as to who would have won those fights. Think of everything Fury has been through, yet still he can perform like that. No one would have found it easy against him, he’s one of a kind.

Great résumés don't win you fights though do they.

But how do you define "the greatest"? If their CV is part of that equation - and that is a fair argument - then I agree Fury has a long way to go.

Sure all the names you mention would be in with a shot against Fury, but would they beat him? Who knows. It's open to debate IMO and in that sense then whether Fury is the best fighter of all time is also open to debate.
He has only vlad and wilder mate . The problem is I gat he has spent the last few years fighting one man who clearly isn’t what that good apart from his right hand bomb . He needs to fight whyte but that’s if whyte walin which is no gimme and then after usyk beats Joshua again he wants that fight . I think usyk beats fury but that’s my opinion .

Wilder is the biggest one trick pony in the division, and Fury over the trilogy has proven that to the world.

Wilder is a puncher who relied solely on his right hand, so much so that all ex-fighters and pundits pointed it out. He has the worst footwork, no jab, nothing. Just a haymaker right he lived off to somehow worm his way up to the top table.

God forbid, he have to someday actually have to box, he didnt have a bloody clue and it showed. His new trainer spouted so much shite about how they looked in the tool box at all the skills he neglected after being so reliant on his right hand, and how they would marinate and cook Tysons arse....laughable.

What we witnessed was that wilder has absolutely notthng else in the tool box. He has a dangerous right hand and some heart and thats it period. Tjis is a supposed heavyweight who threw some body shots and then was again out of his comfort zone by round 2!! Round 2....

Some have suggested wilder would knock AJ out, its a fight that no one would give a shite about cos he is another with only raw power who has been manipulated to the top, just like wilder was

Put a boxer infront of AJ and wilder, like we have witnessed over the last few months and it has exposed them for what they are....with AJ it remains to be seen if he can actually make changes, something wilder for all the bluster his camp said and the training camp videos showed that it might look nice, but as Mike Tyson said all the best laid plans sound great until you get smacked in the face

Fury is the dominant fighter of this generation, you beat Fury you best make sure if you put him down he stays down
..but he can get up and then realise what he needd to do and steps it up a few levels

Fantastic fight and Fury for me has retired wilder's arse once and for all.

Now we will have to wait for the re-match of Usyk v AJ and then it should be a unification bout

Fury wins that, cements his status as the undisputed champ and then he has nothing left to prove. He will i reckon, go out and retire on top

I said deserves to be mentioned, and he does. It’s only yours and anyone else’s opinion as to who would have won those fights. Think of everything Fury has been through, yet still he can perform like that. No one would have found it easy against him, he’s one of a kind.
So was Ali so was jack dempsey so was Mike Tyson . They are all one of a kind . Look at who fury has fought take away wilder and vlad and now tell me who are elite fighters on his record .

Wilder is the biggest one trick pony in the division, and Fury over the trilogy has proven that to the world.

Wilder is a puncher who relied solely on his right hand, so much so that all ex-fighters and pundits pointed it out. He has the worst footwork, no jab, nothing. Just a haymaker right he lived off to somehow worm his way up to the top table.

God forbid, he have to someday actually have to box, he didnt have a bloody clue and it showed. His new trainer spouted so much shite about how they looked in the tool box at all the skills he neglected after being so reliant on his right hand, and how they would marinate and cook Tysons arse....laughable.

What we witnessed was that wilder has absolutely notthng else in the tool box. He has a dangerous right hand and some heart and thats it period. Tjis is a supposed heavyweight who threw some body shots and then was again out of his comfort zone by round 2!! Round 2....

Some have suggested wilder would knock AJ out, its a fight that no one would give a shite about cos he is another with only raw power who has been manipulated to the top, just like wilder was

Put a boxer infront of AJ and wilder, like we have witnessed over the last few months and it has exposed them for what they are....with AJ it remains to be seen if he can actually make changes, something wilder for all the bluster his camp said and the training camp videos showed that it might look nice, but as Mike Tyson said all the best laid plans sound great until you get smacked in the face

Fury is the dominant fighter of this generation, you beat Fury you best make sure if you put him down he stays down
..but he can get up and then realise what he needd to do and steps it up a few levels

Fantastic fight and Fury for me has retired wilder's arse once and for all.

Now we will have to wait for the re-match of Usyk v AJ and then it should be a unification bout

Fury wins that, cements his status as the undisputed champ and then he has nothing left to prove. He will i reckon, go out and retire on top
Good post mate . But I do think usyk will beat fury but that’s my opinion . Bullshit needs to end and these fights need to happen because fury has been tied in with wilder for far too long and now he needs to say fuck it and fight for the other marbles .

That’s why it’s hard to compare generations, Ali 6/3 wouldnt survive against the big boys nowadays. Like watching the old football games, the defending / technique was shocking but all a bit relative.
Technique? Have a look at the greatest pound for pound ever Sugar Ray Robinson if you want to see real technique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.