The Boxing thread

I respect people's opinion on Wilder's boxing skills but he was one second from victory in the first Fury fight. Tyson has proved himself the better man, clearly, but dismissing Wilder as shit is wrong, no matter how badly he has behaved. He faced a man just under 3 stone heavier who is also durable, mobile and skilled; it is no disgrace to lose to Fury.

I respect people's opinion on Wilder's boxing skills but he was one second from victory in the first Fury fight. Tyson has proved himself the better man, clearly, but dismissing Wilder as shit is wrong, no matter how badly he has behaved. He faced a man just under 3 stone heavier who is also durable, mobile and skilled; it is no disgrace to lose to Fury.
For me its his total lack of boxing skills, for the reason I dont rate him. Yes he is a one punch knock-out artist but it seems he has been spoon fed fighters who he could knock out so the Americans could build him up into something he just isnt

Lets also not forget that he was actually being out boxed (i think it was his last fight before the 1st Fury encounter) and he again just managed to land his only get out clause

I will give him one thing, he had the heart to go on. But on this matter he had a corner which was full of yes-men so that the towel would not be thrown in by his corner like the 7th round of the 2nd fight

Any other fighter he comes up against now knows how to plan against him. Head movement, when he throws his right hand move backwards to reduce its power. Get in close, rough him up and bang

If Wilder does continue to go on, as we are led to believe he will then its going to be interesting how the opponent targets him

For me its his total lack of boxing skills, for the reason I dont rate him. Yes he is a one punch knock-out artist but it seems he has been spoon fed fighters who he could knock out so the Americans could build him up into something he just isnt

Lets also not forget that he was actually being out boxed (i think it was his last fight before the 1st Fury encounter) and he again just managed to land his only get out clause

I will give him one thing, he had the heart to go on. But on this matter he had a corner which was full of yes-men so that the towel would not be thrown in by his corner like the 7th round of the 2nd fight

Any other fighter he comes up against now knows how to plan against him. Head movement, when he throws his right hand move backwards to reduce its power. Get in close, rough him up and bang

If Wilder does continue to go on, as we are led to believe he will then its going to be interesting how the opponent targets him
If I were him I would quit. I don't know what else he has going on in his life, nor if he can survive without it, but he has been mauled in three fights and taken a lot of headshots from a much bigger opponent.

As regards his skills, of course, he is not the best boxer, but he has reached the peak of the sport and Luis Ortiz is no mug. He is also a Golden Gloves champion and Olympic bronze medallist.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit about Wilder any more. He's not going to get another shot at the title. He's yesterdays man. Maybe he should do panto (or the equivalent) in Alabama.

Who gives a shit about Wilder any more. He's not going to get another shot at the title. He's yesterdays man. Maybe he should do panto (or the equivalent) in Alabama.

Welcome to the conversation!

Lol..WD straight in there no nonsense. I can see the billboards already.....

Wilder coming straight to a theatre near you...Puss in Boots

Watched the prelim fights from the DAZN card last night.

I like the look of that Solomon Dacres but hes still boxing like an amateur, needs to sit on his shots and get a bit more respect rather than relying on back foot boxing all the time.
Peter McGrail I'm really excited for, such a classy boxer and some lovely work to the body. Think every 4 years its good we get this influx of fresh talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.