The Boxing thread

Good performance from Benn, nice to see he showed mercy by pulling the punch he was winding up for, when he knew the fighter was on the way down. That said, the ref should have noticed it before Benn did and why did he bother with the full 10 count?

Didn't see much controversy in the Taylor decision. Sharipova made the rounds more competitive than some were expecting but Taylor still won around 7 of the 10 rounds, if you score them objectively(regardless of expectations). That's without the point deduction which I think was harsh since they were both doing it. Taylor was having the better of it at close quarters though which is why Sharipova was clinching more.

Good performance from Loma against Commey elsewhere, such a great fighter to watch on that kind of form. Another example of class in that fight too. He eased off after the 7th round when he realised Commey's corner weren't going to throw the towel in, to spare their fighter unnecessary damage. Took him a long while to get his legs back after the knockdown, which other fighters may not have been so obliged to allow.

Good performance from Benn, nice to see he showed mercy by pulling the punch he was winding up for, when he knew the fighter was on the way down. That said, the ref should have noticed it before Benn did and why did he bother with the full 10 count?

Didn't see much controversy in the Taylor decision. Sharipova made the rounds more competitive than some were expecting but Taylor still won around 7 of the 10 rounds, if you score them objectively(regardless of expectations). That's without the point deduction which I think was harsh since they were both doing it. Taylor was having the better of it at close quarters though which is why Sharipova was clinching more.

Good performance from Loma against Commey elsewhere, such a great fighter to watch on that kind of form. Another example of class in that fight too. He eased off after the 7th round when he realised Commey's corner weren't going to throw the towel in, to spare their fighter unnecessary damage. Took him a long while to get his legs back after the knockdown, which other fighters may not have been so obliged to allow.
Loma stepped back after the seventh and allowed commey to Finish the fight. In all my years of watching boxing I’ve never seen anybody manoeuvre round a ring like lomachenko his footwork is the best I’ve seen and he will go down as one of the greats when he retires . He took Lopez for granted and got caught but he knows and so does lopez that it was a one off. As for benn he is making progress and will fight for a title next year .

Loma stepped back after the seventh and allowed commey to Finish the fight. In all my years of watching boxing I’ve never seen anybody manoeuvre round a ring like lomachenko his footwork is the best I’ve seen and he will go down as one of the greats when he retires . He took Lopez for granted and got caught but he knows and so does lopez that it was a one off. As for benn he is making progress and will fight for a title next year .
Yep big fan of Loma's, don't care what anyone says he's already cemented his legacy of one of the greats. I actually believe his shoulder was injured going into the fight against Lopez, which is why he seemed to flip a switch half way through the fight. It was too late by then. Not that there's anyone but Loma to blame for the loss though, he chose to go with what he had(as many fighters do going into some fights) and he was the one who insisted there be no rematch clause if I remember right. That's how much confidence he has in himself, sometimes that can backfire.

Forgot to mention Donaire won at the weekend too by another KO(body shot). His first defence after becoming two time WBC Bantam Weight world champion at 38 years old, earlier this year. He goes under the radar too often for someone with so many accomplishments. World champion in 4 weight classes, 7 different major belts, 2x WBC bantam weight, 2x WBO super bantam weight making it 9 world title wins overall(11 if you include the ring belt and the IBO). It might be because Pacquiao takes all the limelight in his home country but it's a shame none the less.

Last edited:
Yep big fan of Loma's, don't care what anyone says he's already cemented his legacy of one of the greats. I actually believe his shoulder was injured going into the fight against Lopez, which is why he seemed to flip a switch half way through the fight. It was too late by then. Not that there's anyone but Loma to blame for the loss though, he chose to go with what he had(as many fighters do going into some fights) and he was the one who insisted there be no rematch clause if I remember right. That's how much confidence he has in himself, sometimes that can backfire.

Forgot to mention Donaire won at the weekend too by another KO. His first defence after become a two time WBC Bantam Weight world champion at 38 years old, earlier this year. He goes under the radar too often for someone with so many accomplishments(world champion in 4 weight classes, 7 different major belts total). It might be because Paquiao takes all the limelight in his home country but it's a shame none the less.
Donaire is another fighter that seems to get better with age and he actually made a fight of it with inoue which no one seems to be able to do . Did you see how many times loma spun commey round fucking unbelievable boxer

Donaire is another fighter that seems to get better with age and he actually made a fight of it with inoue which no one seems to be able to do . Did you see how many times loma spun commey round fucking unbelievable boxer
Yeah, brilliant to watch(Loma) on that form as I said. The way he finds away through or around the guard, with not just one shot but 4-5 at once, must be very unsettling for the opponent. Especially since most of them look like they are confident they've got all their angles covered at the time.

Last edited:
Chisora put up a good fight, fair decision. Eddie seems to want to cash in on him a bit more, but he should seriously consider retiring for his health. Maybe fight some youtubers or something, but going 12 rounds against very good fighters a lot younger than him can't go on for long without it really damaging him.

Chisora put up a good fight, fair decision. Eddie seems to want to cash in on him a bit more, but he should seriously consider retiring for his health. Maybe fight some youtubers or something, but going 12 rounds against very good fighters a lot younger than him can't go on for long without it really damaging him.
Agreed. He is a warrior but it's over.

his health is a real concern, every fight he’s taking hard hard shots for 12 rounds, his speech is badly effected

promotors are heartless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.