The Boxing thread

Bit of to and fro between Jon Pegg and Kev Maree on twitter, the old "I was expecting you to call back with an offer" "We were waiting for you" etc

Hopefully get sorted on channel 5 as its a great fight

Plenty of good domestic fights at this weight.

Okoloie - top dog
CBS
Riakporhe
Massey
Lawal
McCarthy
Chamberlain
Jumah if he's still active had an eye op

Plus Jordan Thompson.

Reactions: ell
Warren says Fury will be back out in March but it won’t be to defend his WBC, thus ruling out Whyte for now. Whyte definitely deserves his shot, the amount of politics involved in boxing nowadays means the best never fight the best (not in their primes anyway).

Just found this old photo on the net, it’s the night Najib Daho knocked Pat Cowdell out, think it may have been at the Apollo. The trainer is an ex boxer Ken Daniels who was an old friend of mine. Great guy Ken, he was also a motor mechanic, got me a few tickets back in the day including an after fight pass to the Richfield Club in Town where we met Tommy Doc, John Stalker, Jack Trickett and some other dodgy characters.

The boxer is obviously Moroccan Mancunian Najib Daho who day died in a car crash whilst visiting his native land. I think it’s a fairly young Frank Warren in the background but who’s the guy holding Najib?

Attachments

• CE030480-7C51-4667-92AE-ED0B5592479A.png
    CE030480-7C51-4667-92AE-ED0B5592479A.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Purse bids don't normally go ahead for fights like Fury v Whyte but this is the largest so far and can't see either ducking out.

At least J Zed isn't bidding anymore.

Purse bids don't normally go ahead for fights like Fury v Whyte but this is the largest so far and can't see either ducking out.

At least J Zed isn't bidding anymore.
Something tells me this will fall through, hope not but both have history and is it really as marketable world wide? That being said it sells out in any stadium this side of the pond, although I think fury will win, it will be an ugly match up!

Something tells me this will fall through, hope not but both have history and is it really as marketable world wide? That being said it sells out in any stadium this side of the pond, although I think fury will win, it will be an ugly match up!
A sell out stadium covers about 25% of the bid taking off expenses and VAT. It would need 1.4 million PPV on top of it in the UK if not for sponsorship and foreign markets, as it clearly won't get that many people paying here. If Fury doesn't like the deal he loses his belt and Whyte would lose his shot at the title he has waited so long for, so both have a big incentive not to pull out of this one.

A sell out stadium covers about 25% of the bid taking off expenses and VAT. It would need 1.4 million PPV on top of it in the UK if not for sponsorship and foreign markets, as it clearly won't get that many people paying here. If Fury doesn't like the deal he loses his belt and Whyte would lose his shot at the title he has waited so long for, so both have a big incentive not to pull out of this one.
There’s still going to be politics afoot if the Dazn deal goes through for BT, that could be a spanner all on its own….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.